What do you guys think about the 2008 presidential candidates? Lets here some debating going on =)

I being from Arkansas are HUCKABEE ALL THE WAY! jkjk I dont think i even spelled his name right. He made our schools be healthy >.< what if he did it to the nation! no soft drinks! nooooooooo!
Bill Gates ftw

http://www.billgatesforpresident.net/
Haha, he would probably try to make the constitution closed source. Razz
I dunno, Obama and Hillary each have an inherent aspect that make them nearly unelectable to the NASCAR set (one's an African-American, the other's a woman). If there's no way either would be elected, the Democrats have to find someone who could.
It will be interesting to see. I think one thing Hillary has for her is she was the First Lady when Bill was in, and we were in great times, and many people think that she really was running the country. If that was true, I think she would do a good job as president. I think Obama is a little too new to be running for President, but it is his decision.
On the Republican side, I definitely don't want to see Giuliani as the nominee. His whole campaign is going to be "*cough 9/11* Vote for me! *cough 9/11* I'll make a great president! *cough 9/11*". It's likely that I'll be voting for a conservative candidate, and if Giuliani is the Republican nominee, I'll probably be voting third party. Or maybe even for Hillary... Surprised
D side, it's going to be Clinton/Obama or maybe Clinton/Gore for nostilga sake.

R side, it better be McCain/<Insert other R here. Maybe Giuliani> or Hillary will steamroll them. Giuliani may have a chance, but it would be a harder ticket to run than McCain. There's too much "I hate Bush" mentaility out there to run anyone that would possibly "Stay Bush's Course".
Fryedsoft wrote:
D side, it's going to be Clinton/Obama or maybe Clinton/Gore for nostilga sake.

Gore? He likes being a movie star too much to run for president now.

Fryedsoft wrote:
R side, it better be McCain/<Insert other R here. Maybe Giuliani> or Hillary will steamroll them. Giuliani may have a chance, but it would be a harder ticket to run than McCain. There's too much "I hate Bush" mentaility out there to run anyone that would possibly "Stay Bush's Course".

If any stay Bush's course people run I *might* actually be convinced to go for a conservative democrat.....except I cant vote <_<
I would say Obama, but he is untested, although apparently he is an awesome speaker. I think Hillary or Gore would be my choice if I could vote

P.S. Or Bill Gates Razz
Harq wrote:
I would say Obama, but he is untested, although apparently he is an awesome speaker. I think Hillary or Gore would be my choice if I could vote

P.S. Or Bill Gates Razz

why would you actually give a fuck if he's been "tested"? If you agree with his political views and think he'll try to lead the country in a direction you like, vote for him, otherwise don't.
well, we may not really know how he really does vote. I think experience speaks loud.
Remember that Obama is half black. Nothing against black people, but I don't know that enough Americans would be willing to support a black candidate. Personally, I think that Americans would be more willing to support a woman (as in Hillary) than a minority. But then again, most people either love Hillary or absolutely hate her. Whether Obama has been "tested" and has enough experience should be an important issue to voters because being one of a hundred senators is much different than being the leader of the most powerful country in the world. It's not just about political beliefs or trying to lead the country in the right direction; it's about practicality and being able to deal with crisis.

On the Republican side, I think McCain would be the strongest candidate, but like I said before, Giuliani might try to use 9/11 to get into office. If Republicans want to win the White House in '08, the nominee is going to have to distance himself from Bush and how things are going with the war in Iraq. I could definitely see Giuliani being the nominee because he's popular and could appeal to liberals on social issues and conservatives on economics, but he would probably lose support from those further to the right.
MDR Falcon wrote:
Whether Obama has been "tested" and has enough experience should be an important issue to voters because being one of a hundred senators is much different than being the leader of the most powerful country in the world. It's not just about political beliefs or trying to lead the country in the right direction; it's about practicality and being able to deal with crisis.

Id rather have a president try and fail to do the right thing, then be really good at doing something I dont agree with.

MDR Falcon wrote:
I could definitely see Giuliani being the nominee because he's popular and could appeal to liberals on social issues and conservatives on economics, but he would probably lose support from those further to the right.

In case you are forgetting conservatives won the last election on social issues Wink An economically liberal, socially conservative candidate is gonna get a lot further.
MDR Falcon wrote:
Remember that Obama is half black. Nothing against black people, but I don't know that enough Americans would be willing to support a black candidate.

That is probably the reason he COULD win

If their could be a black president, I think there would be a lot more black people out voting.
good point there, though I do think the major thing we need to get is all people who can vote get out there and vote.
Quote:
Quote:
MDR Falcon wrote:
Remember that Obama is half black. Nothing against black people, but I don't know that enough Americans would be willing to support a black candidate.

That is probably the reason he COULD win

I strongly disagree.

Quote:
good point there, though I do think the major thing we need to get is all people who can vote get out there and vote.

Why, so we can corrupt our system of democracy even more? People who know nothing about candidates and issues shouldn't be voting. I think the major thing we need to do is get people informed so that if they do vote, they can make a decision on who to vote for based on the FACTS.
you have a point, but then again, a lot of people vote without facts anyways, and you don't get a true view of what people want unless a majority of them vote. In my opinion, if you don't vote, you can't complain really about what is going on.
rivereye wrote:
you have a point, but then again, a lot of people vote without facts anyways, and you don't get a true view of what people want unless a majority of them vote. In my opinion, if you don't vote, you can't complain really about what is going on.

but you can complain if you vote and lose? Wink
at least you made your voice heard. If you don't voice, don't complain.
I'm from New York, specifically the Buffalo region. I am finally going to be eligible to vote in a election. I am probably not going to vote Republican unless their side makes a really good argument, which they won't.
I think that Obama would be a good president though. He might not be elected however. The white supremacists will play on the fact that he is half black and that his middle name is Hussein. Some Republicans might even do that.
I also think that Hilary would be a good President. She already has been in the White House and Bill could help her more than any other person could. She could have a hard time because most people where I live feel that she has not done enough for our area. Also, some people could use the argument that she's a woman.
I don't care about the fact that Obama is half black and that his middle name is Hussein or that Hilary is a woman. I am just going to vote for whoever I feel is going to do the best job.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours