Quote:
Hey, I am making a website for video viewing, song listening, and playlist listening/making. I need to know if you are able to help me out in this Non-profit project.

I have a small list of things I would like you to help me with, but I need to know that you know that this is non-profit, and are able to work with me on my requests. This is a friendly offer, not necessarily a business offer. I just need a simple media player with a few differences to your current free version.

You will of course get credit, using the only thing I can give you... Affiliation by giving you a link in my affiliates box, and a link, your name, and any other information you would like to put on my contact page.

Please consider this offer. If you are interested in helping, you can get in contact with me by sending an email to me at 'admin at swivelgames dot com'.

Thanks in advance, and thank you for your time.
The media player is here: http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash_Media_Player

Now, the only thing is... Is it possible that any of you guys would be willing to make me one for me. I need to know if you all are willing to do this and add the features I ask and everything. He has not yet given me a reply, and I am not convinced that he is going to do this for me, so thats why I need a back-up plan. If none of you all can help me, do you know people that can?

I need a flash media player, and I need to be able to costumize it to my liking.

Thanks in advance!!
I'm sure there are free ones you can find to download if you just put a little effort into googling it. Smile
Well I know that, and the one I found was free, but thats not what I need. I need some changes to it. I mean, I already found one thats free, I just gave a link to it. But I just need some differences to it thats what I said.
Ok, so you linked to it, but you don't say whats wrong with it. Hard to help if you don't actually state the question/problem Rolling Eyes
I never said there was. You dont understand my question. I am asking to see if there is anyone who is a good with Flash programming who is willing to work with me to make and add different things to ethar the current one I have or a new one. Theres not one single thing I want done to it, or 'fixed' as I should say since of course theres something wrong with it an all Rolling Eyes

If there was something wrong with it I dont think I would be as stupid as to not specify it. I want things _ADDED_. Now, I never said what I wanted done, because that wasn't my question. My question was, as I said above, that I need someone who is willing to work with me to modify the one I posted or make a new one and work with me to add the features I want to it.

Now do you understand? Rolling Eyes
No, because you still didn't say what you want added. See, you don't ask for someone to help you without saying WHAT YOU SPECIFICALLY WANT HELP WITH.

Don't just ask for someone to help you, POST WHAT YOU WANT AND ASK FOR HELP WITH THAT SPECIFICALLY.

And if you don't want to post what you need help with specifically until someone promises to help you, it is unlikely that you will ever get help.

Do you understand?
Understand what you are talking about completely. But what you dont understand, is that, this isn't public. What if I need someone to help me out with something that shouldn't be talked about. I need to know if someone is willing to help me, and then I can judge, depending on the person, if I can trust them or not. Only THEN can I ask them in private if they are able to do the things I need.

Do you finally understand now? Has it finally penetrated that thick head?

If you wanted to help you should have, Kllrnohj.

Thanks anyway y'all, I've had no luck from anywhere else, and I guess people don't change here do they? So I don't even want help from here unless its from a few select people (obviously not Kllrnohj)

Peace. Email me if any of you all can help.
I still don't get what features you want added...
Umm... wtf, swivel? Don't get mad at Kllrnohj for that one. You can't just ask for help the way you did. How can they say they will help if they don't even know what you wanted done? No one here knows if they are even ABLE to help you or not. I can't see any reasons for the new features to be private. I could see the content being displayed as private, but not what you want added to the player.
swivelgames wrote:
Do you finally understand now? Has it finally penetrated that thick head?

Brilliant way to go about getting help Rolling Eyes (EDIT: Thanks for the backup, foamy Wink )

@Kerm: I don't either. He won't say. Apparantly its something super top secret Evil or Very Mad

@Swivel: Since its flash, you are technically redistributing it, meaning you must be careful of the licensing issues. It definitely can't be commercial, but I am uncertain if any changes must be made public. It clearly states that any derivatives of it must be released under the same license, so I think that means that any changes must therefore be made public. So I don't think you really can keep this secret even if you wanted to - at least not legally
I'm really sorry guys, I feel really dumb Sad

I have had a really really bad week and feel terrible for throwing it all on top of Kllrnohj. Sorry about all this, I hate it when I go off like this, and I really am annoyed today. My projects and everything I have been working on lately have been falling apart while they have worked for weeks. Functions dont function properly out of no where. Nothing likes to get fixed. Family being really annoying. I am really sorry to bring this upon you guys.

The problem I had with making any of this public, is that this is my first big project and I need this done, but I don't like making things obvious with what I am doing. The project I am working on right now, I believe, has a possibility of getting big, I just need some different things done to it to 'perfect' it or ready it for release. And alot of stuff like this I have always been afraid could get leaked and shit could happen and all my work can go down the drain cause someone with more experience comes along, takes my idea, and then throws it together fast and throws it out there and gets all the attention. I have had this done to me twice on things that I tried to keep hidden and I still don't like talking about them or revealing what they where. I'm sorry I blew up, I tend to do that when I am stressed. So sorry guys.

If you all want, I can still post up what I want, and again I am sorry.

I will check back again for y'alls answer, and I am sorry, that was uncalled for. I really don't know what to do, its y'alls choice. Lecture me, scold me, ban me, ask me to leave, I dont care, I am really sorry.
I think it would help to hear what you need made; chances are nothing among them is innovative enough to make that a total giveaway of your top-secret project. Smile
lol, heres some of what I need. It is alot, but I may need a bit more.
Copy of message I sent to one of my non-respondent friends wrote:
If you help me and have a website and information then I can add you to my contact page as a member in the project and add your website to the affiliates list.

Heres what I need...

I need a Flash Media Player with the following features:
- A watermark that cannot be covered up in any mode (probably just a 20height x 300width area at the bottom of the program so I can add a
logo at the bottom using an external file)
- 3 modes:
- Music mode: Mode with just the basic controls for music player and the list of songs on the playlist
- Preferable height x width would be 115-130 x 300-350
- Video mode: Just the video on bottom with the basic controls on top.
- Preferable height x width would be 450-500 x 450-500
- Fullscreen mode: Music and Video, it will have the controls in the top left corner, small, and the playlist or the video in the rest of the screen
- Preferable height x width would be... erm... Fullscreen? 100% x 100% xD
- Compatible with M4A, MP3, WMA, M4V, AVI, and WMV audio and video files.
- Compatible with M3U, XML(preferably), PLS, and any a short list of other common playlist files.
- The text in the flash variable "f" should be used to load the audio, video, or playlist file using, say, ./load.php?file=$f or something.
- This will give me the possibility of using a PHP to my advantage so I can use a MySQL DB to save video and music files and not worry about
the downloading and distributing of songs and videos illegally.
- And a few others.

Thanks for your time, if this is possilbe thanks ALOT!

Of course, as I said, all credit goes to you. You will be added to my Contacts page as a member of the project
even if you will have nothing to do with me after this. You can add any info you want on the contacts page,
including, email, name, location, job, resume, etc...
Shock Storing media data in a database? Innovative, but that's gonna be one HUUUUGE database. Laughing
Hehe, yah, could be. But its gonna take up as much space in the db as it would in a file system, its just 'safer' I guess you could say. Except I could make another way of storing and retrieving them through file system. I might do it ethar way, but not completely sure yet.
As far as I know its impossible to play AVI/WMV in a flash player - and I'm not so certain WMA, M4A, or M4V can, either. There is a reason that all flash movie players only list FLV for movie playback and MP3 for music. There is also a reason that the media player you linked to can only play the formats it lists. Do remember you are limited to what Flash itself supports

As for the downloading/distributing of songs/videos illegally - it doesn't matter if you store it in a DB or an FTP - either way the content is downloaded on the clients computer (you are, after all, streaming it to them), so you still can't have any copywrited material

The 3 modes shouldn't be too hard. The media player you linked to already has 2 of the modes (video and fullscreen) - just make a copy of it, and then edit out the video window. That should take care of the music-only one

Playist: I remember having an MP3 player that used XML for its playlists, I'll see if I can dig that up
Ok, I just found an open source flash media player that has 2 different modes to it, but on video. Its features are pretty good, but theres no way to change the style to it. If theres anyone who can program flash, and wants to help change the visuals on it, that would be great.

Also, the first media player I posted up, the owner of it gave me permission to edit it how ever I want to. So, there yah go Razz
swivelgames wrote:
Also, the first media player I posted up, the owner of it gave me permission to edit it how ever I want to. So, there yah go Razz

You didn't *need* his permission, as the license he released it under gives that permission. What I was saying before is that the license also says that any modifications *must* be released under the same license, meaning any changes you make would have to be released . THAT is what I was saying, not that you need to ask for permission

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours