Have fun surmising. Smile
Who is Deian? A member here?
Nope, he's one of my college classmates.
controls the doors to your office Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:
controls the doors to your office Very Happy
Ah, but how? Therein lies the rub. Smile Here's a teaser:
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, but how? Therein lies the rub. Smile

A servo hooked up to the deadbolt which is controlled with the parallel port - or at least thats the easiest and simplest method I can think of Smile
Aha, but what triggers the signal to drop or raise the bolt? Smile That's what I meant
KermMartian wrote:
Aha, but what triggers the signal to drop or raise the bolt? Smile That's what I meant

the PHP script executing a program on the computer, obviously Rolling Eyes
You have to log in on a computer outside the door?
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

the PHP script executing a program on the computer, obviously Rolling Eyes
Hehe, little do you know... Razz You'll have to wait for it to be released.

Edit: @foamy: nope.
I know! It's running VTI and a copy of the 83+ BASIC eye scanner!
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/390/39061.html
foamy3 wrote:
I know! It's running VTI and a copy of the 83+ BASIC eye scanner!
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/390/39061.html
lolz. We did consider biometrics at one point, but eventually decided against it.
KermMartian wrote:
Hehe, little do you know... Razz You'll have to wait for it to be released.

Well, since the teaser screenshot is php, and php can't [natively] interface with hardware (and if it could, you'd have to run apache and PHP as root, which would be so ridiculously stupid I can't even believe I mentioned the idea), the *only* way is to have it exec a program on the computer. At least, thats the only way if the apache+php server is running on the same computer that is controlling the door

otherwise, you are probably just connecting to a simple socket server on the computer controlling the door and sending the open/close command - and maybe passing along the login info for verification, although having it all be contained on one computer is by far the easiest (and probably the best) solution

Of course, since its accessible via the internet, any wifi enabled device or cell phone with the internet on it is potentially a key, no need for a login terminal at the door
Aha, now you're getting closer, but you're still thinking in too confined a medium.
look at his head and that wire, its a neural interface sillies.
elfprince13 wrote:
look at his head and that wire, its a neural interface sillies.
Indeed - I've learned to think in IDE. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours