11%  [ 3 ]
Math
 7%  [ 2 ]
Puzzle
 14%  [ 4 ]
AI
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

Or how about a contest that is free choice or something. I realize that it would make it a little more difficult to judge because of the range of entries that you might get but it would allow to use like rpg, puzzle, and other things all in the same game instead of having to confine yourself to just one genre and worrying about if it still fits in it.
better for a large contest I think, small ones are easier with something more general.
We should save a general genre one for the summer Wink

I have trouble coming up with ideas that I could make at a playable speed Razz
/me never received entries for his tutorial contest Sad

/me never actually finished his tutorials *sheepish*
Sorry to everyone for not finishing my 3D entry... Sad Not only did school get really bad, but my Physics teacher always cleared our calculators before tests. Since I don't have a link cable for my 83+, that meant lots of redoing things. I was going to do a Rubik's Cube, though.

I already have a good idea for a sidescroller; hope it gets picked!
It's still tied 5-5. We need some other members to come in here and break the tie...
Yay! No tie!
Very Happy OK, who created the duplicate account to tip the balance of the poll? Wink
AI isn't a game, it is a subpart of any game that has enemies. It would be rather difficult to have an AI contest unless you already have a game made that people would then implement their AI for. Otherwise it would be a pretty stupid contest, as depending on the game chosen, the AI to fill the role can range from extremely simple to ridciculously complex, and thats going to be hard to judge.

EDIT: and yes, I read the description of what is meant by an AI game. My points are still completely valid
Oh well, platformer's winning anyway Smile
calc84maniac wrote:
Oh well, platformer's winning anyway Smile
'Tis winning by even more now. I'm setting the deadline on the poll until midnight tonight to announce the results.
we can go with that. See what happens though.
This one, I will participate in Smile.
as will i since i have actually been thinking about an arcade type game to create.
Anyone have any ideas? I have none for a sidescroller Sad
Don't forget the arcade part Wink
actually, this contest might go to a community vote (depending on how things go). Otherwise, I am thinking have all entries due by Ship (see my sig).
Harq wrote:
Anyone have any ideas? I have none for a sidescroller Sad

Why not scroll through a list of old Atari games? A lot of those are simple enough to be remade in TI-BASIC.
wtf is ship?
Harq wrote:
wtf is ship?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours