http://www.apple.com/iphone/

This thing looks incredibly amazing. I totally want to get one.

Technical Specifications
Screen size 3.5 inches
Screen resolution 320 by 480 at 160 ppi
Input method Multi-touch
Operating system OS X
Storage 4GB or 8GB
GSM Quad-band (MHz: 850, 900, 1800, 1900)
Wireless data Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) + EDGE + Bluetooth 2.0
Camera 2.0 megapixels
Battery

* Up to 5 hours Talk / Video / Browsing
* Up to 16 hours Audio playback

Dimensions 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches / 115 x 61 x 11.6mm
Weight 4.8 ounces / 135 grams
Kerm you are under strict orders to finish DCS6 for the 83+ before you try porting it to the iPhone
elfprince13 wrote:
Kerm you are under strict orders to finish DCS6 for the 83+ before you try porting it to the iPhone
awww, come on. Sad Plus, I'm still stalled for the reason we already discussed. I see now how Apple makes good glossy icons though./
Meh, personally I like the windows mobile smart flip phones - WMP10 kicks iLoonyTunes butt in terms of formats supported

EDIT: Oh, and the title of this page is wrong. Cisco actually makes the iPhone, not apple Smile (which is probably going to get sued to all hell for stealing Cisco's trademark)
I particularly like the idea of the multitouch screen - I remember when people found the patent Apple filed with the technology about a year ago and were speculating like crazy what it was for. Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
Meh, personally I like the windows mobile smart flip phones - WMP10 kicks iLoonyTunes butt in terms of formats supported

EDIT: Oh, and the title of this page is wrong. Cisco actually makes the iPhone, not apple Smile (which is probably going to get sued to all hell for stealing Cisco's trademark)

Funny you should mention that: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aIF0i6JF09Dk&refer=news
bahaha, cisco's response about the trademark suit http://blogs.cisco.com/news/2007/01/update_on_ciscos_iphone_tradem.html

they basically call apple a self-loving hypocritical bastard company Very Happy
speaking of other copyright/trademark infringement...

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14925

Shock
Harq wrote:
speaking of other copyright/trademark infringement...

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14925

Shock

Um... no, we were speaking about the iPhone - stay on topic please Smile

Use that little button labeled "New Thread" when you have an OT link/thought Rolling Eyes
Supernecro here but I'm typing this on a recently aquired iphone. Man this is great Smile
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Supernecro here but I'm typing this on a recently aquired iphone. Man this is great Smile
Wow, what an Apple fanboy. Razz How do you like it so far?
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:

Typing on an iPhone is like being retarded - for all you know its great, everyone else, however, is laughing at how much of an idiot you are. Razz

Tactile response FTW!

Seriously though, I was thinking about it, and aside from "Visual Voice Mail" (a very "meh" feature), does the iPhone actually offer ANYTHING new? I was going through a lot of the "features", and there are cheaper phones that do everything the iPhone does - only better (examples: google maps on iPhone < google maps + GPS on other phones, email on iPhone < email that can be pushed down on other phones, etc...) So ultimately you are paying more to get a hell of a lot less - yup, sounds like another craptacular Apple product to me Rolling Eyes
I would prefer a touch screen version of a regular keypad for typing, I can text faster than I can type on this, from what I understand Apple is releasing the SDK in February, if so that'll be fun.

EDIT: Verizon is coming out with a phone with a touchscreen keypad, none of this minikeyboard stuff.
You mean this one? That has a touch screen _and_ full keyboard.

Personally, I wouldn't get an iPhone if you gave me the money to do so, if for the least reason that my contempt for all things Apple grows every day.
If it's free i'll take it Very Happy Which it was of course, the keyboard is very easy to type on in the horizontal mode, much faster than traditional texting, I've been pretty pleased with it though. My only complaint is battery life, which sucks.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
If it's free i'll take it Very Happy Which it was of course, the keyboard is very easy to type on in the horizontal mode, much faster than traditional texting, I've been pretty pleased with it though. My only complaint is battery life, which sucks.
Mmm, how bad is the battery life to count as being bad?
Lets say I charged it all night and it ran out about an hour before I typed that post, I turned it on at around 10AM ish.

So about 5 hours. Which is what they said but still =/ , and I wasn't using for that entire 5 hours, mabye 3.5 hours of surfing/audio playback/video
That's not good at all. :/ A separate phone and MP3 player might get at least 24 hours each, so you figure at least 12 or 16 hours would be reasonable for a combined device. I suppose the wifi takes a big toll on the battery, though.
I just unplugged it at about 6PM and its down to half charge by 9:30, and it was in sleep mode for the better part of those 3.5 hours (I was at a movie)
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
I just unplugged it at about 6PM and its down to half charge by 9:30, and it was in sleep mode for the better part of those 3.5 hours (I was at a movie)
Bleh, you should get an extra battery or something - you can just swap them out, right?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours