News wrote:
After a hiatus of several months, I have released two BASIC projects I have been working on for two weeks and about three months, respectively. The first is a Real-Time Interpreter (RTI) for the BF language, so named because of the difficulty of both reading and writing in the 8-command, Turing-complete language. Clocking in at just over 1KB, the RTI fully supports all BF commands, and displays output in a console with debug information updated every time an instruction is executed. Input is properly converted from your TI's keyboard into the ASCII character set. The RTI supports the BF-standard $0A as the newline character. The second program is Dark Shadow 2, the descendant of a project I wrote two and a half years ago during the summer, entirely in VTI. The original Dark Shadow had three enemies that cycled down the screen, three possible powerups, and a lives and power meter at the bottom. It used pixel-drawn sprites, and was relatively slow, even with VTI executing at unlimited speed. Nevertheless, it has managed to garner a combined 3,576 downloads, a good forecast for Dark Shadow 2. This new version is rewritten completely from scratch, and is my first project to use StatsSprites, a concept introduced to me by my co-admin Elfprince13, which greatly speeds up the graphics rendering while maintaining the visual appeal and complexity. The game is now set in a series of levels or "stages," with each additional stage requiring more hits upon the enemy to advance to the next stage.
I have a new project coming up soon in the spirit of the contest that is ending this evening, a 3D particle simulator that may prove to be interesting. In addition, there's a possibility that the 1337 Guide to TI-BASIC, written and maintained by the advisory board of the BASIC Elite, may soon be updated with all kinds of new tips and tricks. Last but never least, Doors CS 6 is right on track, although not on schedule for the projected January 1st release.

Download
Dark Shadow 2
BF RTI
Looks nice.

Hehe...BF RTI. Very Happy
bfr wrote:
Looks nice.

Hehe...BF RTI. Very Happy

BFR TI

lol

I can't wait to try these out, what emulated speed was dark shadow 2 running out?
So you're "right on track," but "not on schedule." Aren't those mutually exclusive?
allynfolksjr wrote:
So you're "right on track," but "not on schedule." Aren't those mutually exclusive?

no, they have nothing to do with each other at all. Right on track means that development is going smoothly, and has nothing to do with making or not making deadlines
Please, just call it Brain Fuck.
jpez wrote:
Come on, you know I wouldn't curse on the Cemetech frontpage.
@Elfprince: Normal speed, why?
@Nikky: what Kllrnohj said.
@bfr: ty
to estimate how fast it will run on my 84+SE :p
It will run about 1.5x to 2x as fast as the screenshot. It's actually playably fast on either calc.
sweet, Ill try it out.
elfprince13 wrote:
sweet, Ill try it out.
Excellent. Has anyone messed around with the RTI yet?
KermMartian wrote:
jpez wrote:
Come on, you know I wouldn't curse on the Cemetech frontpage.
@Elfprince: Normal speed, why?
@Nikky: what Kllrnohj said.
@bfr: ty

It's really not a curse, and I have no idea who would be offended or judgemental of the name of a computer language, not to mention that no one has a clue as to what you're talking about when you refer to it as "BF".
Even I know what BF is >.>
Harq wrote:
Even I know what BF is >.>
What do you mean even you do? Brainfuck is a novelty language, and I daresay a substantial number of programmers (much less this site's general audience) haven't even heard of it referred to by its proper name, much less by a 2-letter abbreviation that has about 25 other meanings.
He means even he knows what the abbreviation BF stands for. There's not that many interpreted languages referred to as "BF". Razz
I agree with Jpez here. It's a proper noun. People should really be offended by it. Plus it's not like you're using it explicitly or in a derogatory way. I had no idea what BF RTI stood, and at first I thought it was some sort of forum language abbreviate like rotflol.
KermMartian wrote:
He means even he knows what the abbreviation BF stands for. There's not that many interpreted languages referred to as "BF". Razz

And not many people have ever interpreted programming language memorized. Even if people aren't familiar with BrainFuck, then can at least then proceed to look it up rather than stupidly wondering what "BF" stood for (and since it most definitely is not any sort of official abbreviated for BrainFuck, a google search would leave them empty handed)
Not an official abbreviation? I beg to differ:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BF
Th thing that is so annoying about BF is that you pretty much need to memorize or be looking at a chart of ACII codes to do anything (except [-] or something like that Razz )

Anyways, I think after looking at the name, you should be able to find what you need

Oh yeah, go google search bf compiler, or interpreter, or real time bf interpreter - sure bf doesn't show anything, but variations do Wink
What do you mean? All you need an ASCII chart for is input and output, and any self-respecting programmer should know some basic ASCII from memory (such as CR, LF, a-z, A-Z, 0-9, space).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours