I am trying to get Linux working for me. I need two big things for me to really go Linux full force, wifi Internet, and dual monitors (can't seem to figure it out in Ubuntu).
you just didn't put the entire thing in url tags Wink
Harq wrote:
you just didn't put the entire thing in url tags Wink

He probably didn't use tags at all
Harq wrote:
I do have linux, but I use Windows for everyday needs (*cough*games*cough*)

*cough*Cedega*cough*

@kllrnohj: Im sure if you think hard enough you can imagine reasons why you might possibly need it... Rolling Eyes the easiest is you have the option of dual booting but dont have to restart to use the other applications...
elfprince13 wrote:
Harq wrote:
I do have linux, but I use Windows for everyday needs (*cough*games*cough*)

*cough*Cedega*cough*

@kllrnohj: Im sure if you think hard enough you can imagine reasons why you might possibly need it... Rolling Eyes the easiest is you have the option of dual booting but dont have to restart to use the other applications...

*cough*you have to pay*cough*
.....only if you want official support....
elfprince13 wrote:
.....only if you want official support....

Really? I thought you had to subscribe to use it at all. That's awesome.

@dual-monitor support in linux: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2201&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
@Kevin: it's probably the parentheses that are throwing phpBB off.
foamy3 wrote:

Huh? Did I miss something here?

@Harq: Go the other way, and just run Windows in a Linux virtual machine - hell, there's going to be one built into the linux kernel soon (with full virtualization support, woohoo)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours