Ha this class is so easy. All we do is type up papers and there are still people that have problems. This one guy that used to sit next to me couldn't even figure out how to do custom bullets and our book even told us not that i needed it. And on monday the teacher is going to teach us how to make a web page but first we have to read the tutorials. I was thinking big deal i got a website. But i might learn something that i didnt already know. if it is w3 schools than i am just going to look at it for two minutes than tell him i have already finished it. other wise i will just skim it and than say i finished. Than laugh when all the idiots in the class think that im a jeanius.
yeah, it was a stupid class. When I was in it, I kept the teacher on his feet trying to make sure I had access to the files I needed to do my stuff. He has me do the VBA chapters, which no one else did in the class, and I was still finishing chapters before everyone else.

Also, I have Information Technology next semester, and I am a Teacher's Aid for the teacher who is teaching it, and he is having me, when I have nothing else to do, work on IT stuff right now, then have me teach it next semester instead of take it.
Man creating the web pages is going to be stupid. he is going to have us use Microsoft front page instead of html.
ok, you can still do HTML with it. There is an HTML tab in there, just open that up and use the HTML.
lafferjm: aren't you glad you learned all this stuff from hanging out with us?

our school's Visual Basic class is ridiculous.....all the "I has an idea for a video game that I wants teh make" idiots. I finished both semesters in one, and have now been assigned demi-god status among the ranks of incoming wanna-be game programmers....anytime Im in that lab during one of their classes they all want me to come over and help with their project Rolling Eyes
I really hope the programming teacher at WSMS high doesn't suck >.<
rivereye wrote:
ok, you can still do HTML with it. There is an HTML tab in there, just open that up and use the HTML.

i saw it today when we used it. when i saw the code it generated i was shocked. it is the worst i have ever seen. instead of using a

Code:

<br />

they used

Code:

<p>&nbsp</p>

and than for a header they just used a paragraph tag and changed the size so i went in and changed it to. It was ridiculous.
it is really bad code, but the GUI is nice for lazy people.
actually, one of the best HTML WYSISYG editors on the market (Dreamweaver) does the same thing in regards to using <p></p> instead of <br />, because using the paragraph tags is technically the proper way to format a text block. I would not be surprised at all if what you are calling "worst code" is actually what is really the proper code
um, you have never looked at what frontpage really does then. It is tables, nested within tables, nested in tables (and so on and so forth) for layout.
rivereye wrote:
um, you have never looked at what frontpage really does then. It is tables, nested within tables, nested in tables (and so on and so forth) for layout.

I have never used frontpage, no, I was commenting solely on lafferjm's example
ok, just wanted to check. I took over a website that was done in front page, and I like to do hard code for my stuff, and when I started working on it, my brain about exploded on all the crap in it.
it was funny because today he was showing how to do hyperlinks and it took them like five minutes and all i had to do was just type the <a> tag and people were asking what i was doing and all sorts of other things. and Kllrnohj it was not actually a paragraph though, they were using it as a <br /> which is wrong.
lafferjm wrote:
it was funny because today he was showing how to do hyperlinks and it took them like five minutes and all i had to do was just type the <a> tag and people were asking what i was doing and all sorts of other things. and Kllrnohj it was not actually a paragraph though, they were using it as a <br /> which is wrong.

Hitting "Enter" on your keyboard in a WYSIWYG editor (frontpage, dreamweaver, etc...) implies the start of a new paragraph
lafferjm wrote:
Not at all - Kllrnohj is totally right. Technically, this is correct:
Code:
<p>Stuff here, including stuff and more random stuff.  Stuff stuff stuff. Stuff here, including stuff and more random stuff.  Stuff stuff stuff. Stuff here, including stuff and more random stuff.  Stuff stuff stuff. Stuff here, including stuff and more random stuff.  Stuff stuff stuff. </p>

<p>Stuff here, including stuff and more random stuff.  Stuff stuff stuff. Stuff here, including stuff and more random stuff.  Stuff stuff stuff. Stuff here, including stuff and more random stuff.  Stuff stuff stuff. Stuff here, including stuff and more random stuff.  Stuff stuff stuff. Stuff here, including stuff and more random stuff.  Stuff stuff stuff. </p>
but that is not how they were doing it. they were doing:

Code:

<p>BLAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p
<p>Even more stuff</p>

instead of:

Code:

<p>Blahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa</p>
<br />
<p>Even more stuff</p>
I think Kllrnohj means whenever there is a line break

so there would be
a <p> marker
at the beginning
of everyone
of these
lines
Razz
i know i was just trying to clarify my statement
lafferjm wrote:
but that is not how they were doing it. they were doing:

Code:

<p>BLAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p
<p>Even more stuff</p>

instead of:

Code:

<p>Blahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa</p>
<br />
<p>Even more stuff</p>

is that because you hit enter twice? When you hit enter, it thinks "new paragraph", not "line break" - much in the same way Word does
yeah. but they could have at least made frontpage so it can detect if there was any text entered so that it could produce some good code. also the teacher learned i could program today because he saw me editing the hyperlinks. than he started asking me what i could do with html and i told him i was working on a site. And he said that he wished he had know so he could have entered me into some fbla contest. than he asked what i had on it and i told him nothing much right now because i was working on a game that i was going to put on it. than after that he found out i knew java and had me take some test to see how could i was at java so that he could enter me in it too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours