can you help?
yes
 50%  [ 4 ]
no
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

i am doing a school project that is also a nationwide competition (ecybermission) and we are doing a medical record storage and retrieval system, and we need to see if it is easy to hack, so if anyone has any clue how to hack php/mysql and is willing to help please reply, more details will be added as soon as they are fully agreed on by our small group.

EDIT:

thanks to those who have already helped in the unofficial test, this is for a true test, which hopefully will be with Linux server, instead of a Windows server, and hopefully a distributed server system involving a few spare old computers, instead of this computer.
Im in, whats the link?

should i warn you of possible vulnerabilities via email or via friendly reminders showing up on the webpage itself?
by email please, and link will be added as soon as the formal server is set up, but in the meantime i will send you the windows server link, as it is the same software, so it should be the same venerabilities, and if further info is needed please contact me by skype or email, and i will respond asap

thanks elfprince,
Glenn
hook me up, I'll help

Is this *just* site hacking, or is the server itself up for "testing" as well?
I was under the impression he mainly wanted to test the security of the web frontend, but I suppose some backend testing wouldn't be out of place, as long as you cleared it with Glenn first.
backend testing will be shortly, i do want to test it, but as the final server setup is not set up yet, and this is still running under windows on my main pc, i do not want that to happen yet. and yes Kerm you are right, the main point currently is testing the web front end. and i will send you a pm with the address Kllrnohj. and if anyone helping needs anything, including source code, tell me and i will send it to you in most cases.
back from VK and ready to go, got your PM, gonna start testing tonight
FOUND THE BUG IN MY COMP!!!

the bug causing my web server to go was just found by me, so it is running again, and thank you to all who have volunteered to help so far on the hack tests
Yay, glad to hear it. What was the bug, precisely, if you don't mind sharing?
something in my comp network settings, i forget what exactly it was though
does anyone know of a good server distribution of Linux ( or a BSD), i need one for a secure server, that can be on a designated times, for full hack testing where you can even try to hack the comp.
Use Ubuntu Server Edition if you're a bit of a Linux noob and you don't feel like configuring a lot of stuff.
i tried it, it messed up the screen size it was tried to display, so i no longer even try it, right now i am trying freebsd
I would guess that that's your error, though, not the server's problem...
it might be the program i am using to make the virtual machine that is causing it, but it never asked my screen size
Glenn wrote:
it might be the program i am using to make the virtual machine that is causing it, but it never asked my screen size

no distro ever asks your screen size, you set it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf Rolling Eyes And if you couldn't get Ubuntu Server working right, there's extremely little chance you'll get FreeBSD to work right Very Happy

I, for one, recommend Gentoo - the fastest, most configurable distro around Wink
freebsd is working great, and it was the proportion that was the problem, it was sending some stuff to below where the screen existed
...and thats still because you had the wrong resolution set or similar, which is in /etc/X11/xorg.conf Razz

Both Ubuntu and FreeBSD use the same Xorg, so if it works in FreeBSD, it would work equally well in Ubuntu (Ubuntu probably tried to auto-detect your monitor and the VM software you are using didn't give the right info)
but that is how it came, and i could not edit it that way, and this was the installer
yeah, virtual machines seem to do that to things. Not much you can do about it though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours