Our new site is up, and while it is far from awesome, we are proud of it because it is our first attempt at making a site with HTML and JavaScript. For our navigation bar, we simply used a table with one row. However, we were wondering exactly how we would go about making one like the one here, or on TI-Freakware. If anyone would be able to provide the necessary JS for the bar, we would be very grateful. By the way, if you have any other suggestions, comments, praise, fire, or constructive criticism, please reply on our forums. We would also like for you to join on the forums, as we are a relatively new group, and are hurting for members. Thanks!!!

~Stoner+Wall Programs
Uh... poor color choice for the mouse-over effect. Black-on-black is a *tad* hard to read Wink

Also why is part of the site center-oriented, and part left-justified? really annoying
Are you viewing it in Mozilla Firefox? We tested it in Internet Explorer, and when we tried it in Firefox, the style sheet's centering didn't work for some reason, so nothing was centered. Also, meant to change the color of the links. We were just trying to get the hang of CSS, and we left the color as is, which was a mistake. Will fix that right now.
I am, and its probably because your site isn't valid. Hence the wonky display issues (which is why you *don't* use IE for page testing, as it doesn't follow standards all that strictly...)

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tifreakware.calcgames.org%2Fswp%2F
Uh, is it just me, or does your www link in your profile not work? There's no link to the site...
The header that I made for Dan isn't actually Javascript - it's HTML wrapped in document.writes for XPI abilities (cross-page includes). You simply need a start, middle tile, and end image, and you can basically rip the system I made for Dan.
jpez wrote:
Uh, is it just me, or does your www link in your profile not work? There's no link to the site...

yeah, its the 3rd word ("site") in his first post - i missed that hyperlink myself at first

( http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/swp/ )
We actually got tipdots.com to redirecct us a few days ago so that when you typed swp.us.tp, it redirected you to tifreakware.calcgames.org/swp. When we tried to do that today, the link doesn't exist. We have no idea what happened.
My Critique: Minimalism is ok, but not if it is done without thought. Think about what information is important and make that the most noticeable thing on the page. You also need much more content and smoother flow between that content. Decent for a first try, I suppose.
Random thing I noticed: On the "Quest" page, you have several instances of "&nbsp" where you should have " ' - note the semicolon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours