well i figured everone has an embarising story to tell and i thought i would make a post about them. And also another objective of this post is to see how many pages i can get without anyone spamming. so if you have some sort of story to tell or something then put it here.

Note:They do NOT have to be real just make up something you think is funny
Hmmm, this story isn't exactly embarrassing, but it's intriguing. One of the things I do is program my calculator and read while I walk; I get too bored doing nothing while walking. So one day I'm walking home from my high school along 86th street, programming away. I'm pretty engrossed in what I was programming (I can't remember anymore what I was working on), but I vaguely noticed a bevy of girls walking in the opposite direction. Girls++, so I looked up briefly as they passed. Imagine my surprise when I see that the center girl of the group, head down, is programming her TI-83+. The other girls notice me and giggle; I laugh too. Alas, I did not stop and engage them in conversation. I often wish that I had, three years ago.
wow, that is kind of cool.

I guess I have an interesting one from the weekend walleye fishing trip I was just on.

First off, this is a group out, and my boat, Chipmunk, goes with another boat, BarbBill, every year. Usually out there, we can catch limits by the middle of the day while BarbBill is trying to get 5 fish (a limit is 5 fish per person per day).

So the first day, not much on the boat, BarbBill gets skunked (no fish), while we get 11. Saturday, the transom on BarbBill was so rotted that is sprang a leak and almost sank. They patched it and got back out and caught one fish for the day. We got 8 that day.

On Sunday, while out there, my dad decides to play sheapered and land a HUGE sheepshead (freshwater drum). As he is trying to flip it out of the net, the fish takes off about 5 feet in the air and then lands in the splashwell of the boat. We were laghing our asses of on that one. Well, BarbBill was having another one of them low fishing days. About the second time they get on the radio, my dad starts telling him EVERYTHING to what we are doing to get our fish when they say that a miracle had happened and they caught a fish. We headed in early that day with 11 fish while BarbBill only had 3. While they were heading in, the boat had run out of gas and the aux tank would not prime. They called us for a tow just as the 11th fish struck. The really funny thing on top of it was that one guy who was on BarbBill was on a different boat last year that we had to pull in, so we told him that he didn't have to feel out at all.

All in all a good time, but the fishing could have been a lot better (btw, the numbers are walleyes kept, not fish hooked).
That's funny, sounds like a cursed boat. Very Happy Who else has a story while I think of some others to share?
considering i started the topic here is one.

Well one day i was at the orthodontists office. i had two appointments in one day so we just decided to wait at the office. seeing as they were about thirty minutes apart my dad decided he wanted to get up and walk around to stretch his legs. well the office has the clear windows as big as the door. and there are two of them. well it was time for us to go back and my mom told me to go get my dad so i got up and was running and seeing as the door was all plexiglass and see through i had thought the door was open and i ended up running face first into the door. it was so loud it even scared the receptionist behind the counter because she did not know what it was.
wow, that had to hurt.
KermMartian wrote:
Hmmm, this story isn't exactly embarrassing, but it's intriguing. One of the things I do is program my calculator and read while I walk; I get too bored doing nothing while walking. So one day I'm walking home from my high school along 86th street, programming away. I'm pretty engrossed in what I was programming (I can't remember anymore what I was working on), but I vaguely noticed a bevy of girls walking in the opposite direction. Girls++, so I looked up briefly as they passed. Imagine my surprise when I see that the center girl of the group, head down, is programming her TI-83+. The other girls notice me and giggle; I laugh too. Alas, I did not stop and engage them in conversation. I often wish that I had, three years ago.

I have experienced situations similiar to this many times. Everytime I think to myself, "Next time it will be different." When the time comes, it becomes another thing to regret. I suppose some of my more embarrassing moments are when classmates ask me for help and I supply the wrong information. I don't have other nice stories like you guys. Sad
like i said they do not have to be real just make something up as you go. but real ones would be funnier.
@rivereye: Where do you fish? I catch walleye and sheephead at lake erie. Do you ever go there? I have no clue where you live so I can't guess very well...
foamy, perfect guess at our fishing location. (Kerm, give him a cookie). We mostly were fishing in Breast Bay straight out from Sterling State Park (between Fermy and the Two Stacks). Btw, I live on the other side of the state though.
Oh, cool. I live in south-western pa. We normally go out for perch when we go to erie. Usually straight out of walnut out to the first trench (roughly 70-75fow). For walleye, we just troll all over. Dipsies and worm harnesses FTW!
we started with spoons behind Big-Jon Miny Disks (like a dispsy), then moved to Reef Runners and Hot 'N' Tots, and then we tried crawlers behing the disks. With crawlers, we couldn't get out of the whites though, so we went back to the Reef Runnters and Tots. (I think it is about time to move this to a Lake Erie Fishing Topic).

I see that you are an Eastern Basin guy, where I fish Western. My dad is talking about Port Huron this year for some hawgs though in November (that may be Central or Eastern, not sure.)
KermMartian wrote:

People at my school think i am really strange programming (especially girls!) I would love for something like this to happen to me Rolling Eyes .
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

People at my school think i am really strange programming (especially girls!) I would love for something like this to happen to me Rolling Eyes .

i cant even post about what would happen if the chicks at my school seen me programming but i can say i would be very happy.
Well, today, at lunch, I decided I wanted ham and cheese hotpockets. Not a big deal, I put them on a plate, throw it in the Microwave for 3:00. I go outside, and check my garden, and grab a tomato, and go back inside. I instantly smell smoke. I look over, and the door to the mic is open, and flames are shooting out of the two holes where the door latches. I am like OMG! (cause I had a dream about 3 weeks ago about a fire in the house...) and ran to the mic. I hurridly take the food out, and put it off to the side for safety, and ripped the mic out of the cabinent and ran out of the house, with a flaming microwave. (good thing I live in the country...)

Thankfully, I was able to finish cooking the food in the oven... Very Happy
Very Happy Wow, good thing you're ok. Was the microwave still operational?
oh no, it melted a good bit out of it. It is ok though, cause I have been complaining that the dumb thing hasn't been cooking correctly lately...

The house now smells of smoke though... >.<
At least your food was still ok, so it's all good. Very Happy
Yes, that was the improtant thing, though my mom didn't understand that concept...
I had a similar fiasco microwaving some popcorn. My friend was over and I offered to microwave us some popcorn while we watched The Godfather. I decided I would play a little trick on him and cook the popcorn for an extra minute to get it nice and burnt (we do this stuff all the time). I went to the bathroom, and when I came back the kitchen smelled like...well it's hard to describe...it's kinda like burnt popcorn, but not just burnt popcorn, like super-roasted-melted to the core popcorn. I found it hard to breath, and I opened the microwave to have a plume of smoke jet out into my face. The popcorn had turned into a smoldering pile of shit. Well, my parents rushed in and got very angry. I spent the next two days trying to air out the kitchen and the microwave. While the kitchen eventually ceased to smell, the microwave didn't and I was forced to fork over the money for a new one. Sad All this as a result of a prank gone horribly wrong.

PS. My friend found the whole thing hilarious. Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours