in the current version you gave me I noticed that scrolling down on the desktop shows the run indicator Shock

also remember to put in the dialog when it says the appvar is being rearchived, it might be nice to have that when Smart Writeback is running after a program.
well Kerm do you want that i make a routine that handles buggs i could create one routine that make's the program to have another stack space and if the program crashes or if the user presses an special key combination it will stop what is doing and try to close the program that is running if hard crash it will restore the main stack and return to OS like nothing have happened
Of course, DCS has a similar monitor, but there's no way to tell if memory corruption has occured. If it has, it's safer to just let the calc RAM Clear than risk having memory corruption the next time another program is executed.
yes but think like this ...
program crashes and user presses an key combination to activate an emergency shell
then it stops everything that is being done and activates the emergency shell
then the shell will show the user the program or programs that are being runned if the user kills an program that is being runned the program and is ram stack will be cleared then the shell swaps to DCS and swaps the STACK and then return by teeling he that an program have crashed DCS will then show user info and then trys to minimize the risk...
So the program have crashed-> USER STOPS PROGRAM -> Back to DCS reporting error-> DCS anulates program stack and works with is own stack the normal stack.
what i m refering about is to have an program that swaps between two programs like multithread working "i know that this could sound a little confusing but that is because i m portuguese"
No, I understand what you're saying, but by the time that someone stops the program, it may have already done irreparable damage to the integrity of the RAM (or, in extreme cases, even the ROM).
elfprince13 wrote:
in the current version you gave me I noticed that scrolling down on the desktop shows the run indicator Shock

also remember to put in the dialog when it says the appvar is being rearchived, it might be nice to have that when Smart Writeback is running after a program.

quoted for emphasis
Yeah yeah, added to my todo list. I'll have 5.9 Beta 1 as soon as Tari gets me the sorting stuff and I finish debugging CALCnet2.
yap forget what i think was to put an breack over the program i never think that it could use ram beloow $9d95....
Sorry, say that again? I didn't quite understand what you were trying to say there...
to forget what i have said... and that i thinked that may program will never use ram below $9d95 althought an register could have an similiar value and that by an error could cause a crash...
Oh, ok. So you're going to discard the protection thing you were talking about making?
well, untill i have an more efficient way for doing it... yap
Fair enough. Good luck in finding something more efficient for it, then.
well i have macrodie running programs with a very efficient way but the compability with mirageos and the emulation of the 83 ashell is enought i want to know if Doorcs have some special kind of programs that it executes in order for making the compability with Doorcs... by the way i create a new raycasting system its very fast because it uses a new method i want to know if there is some people that want to help me with this... regards rayden
Doors CS has a special set of libraries to support its functionality, same as MOS and Crunchy.
but no special way of running programms multithread or something else as Macrodie can use libraries well i thought you have something similiar...
Oh, of course it has special program execution wrappers, particularly to handle the Associated Program system.
well i only want to know because if a program have been created for Doorcs and i create the compability routine i don't want bugs in it....
Ah, I see. Well, if you can replicate the GUI... and CALCnet2 ... and gCn ... and all the MOS routines ... and all the AP routines, then go for it. Laughing
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, I see. Well, if you can replicate the GUI... and CALCnet2 ... and gCn ... and all the MOS routines ... and all the AP routines, then go for it. 0x5

Replicate? Why replicate? He can just get em from the DCS source Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours