37%  [ 6 ]
Too much time on your hands, but cool.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Get a life.
 12%  [ 2 ]
Mmm, colors.
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

?? What last time? This isn't for data transferring; just to read the status of a button an tell whether it's been pressed or not, and turning on or off the LED's accordingly.

And yes, it does work. Flawlessly Surprised Laughing
No, your old RGB Screen Driver crashed. You of course are a more experienced programmer now. Smile
Quote:
No, your old RGB Screen Driver crashed.

Err, no, it was the RE/BE core processor that crashed. But now that I got my o'scope up and running, when I get the new processor, it should go by much smoother.
Wait - you crashed a chip already?! Nicely done Laughing
Yeah. But that was like 3 months ago or something...
You physically burned it out via sw commands or hw misconfig?
just wondering, but how did both of you learn so much about PC cards and programming for them?
mike wrote:
just wondering, but how did both of you learn so much about PC cards and programming for them?

PC cards?? We aren't programming PC cards, we're programming PIC chips. They're somewhat similar to z80 ASM.
oh sorry it was a typo/wondering mind

Oh, how do you put the data on to the pic chip? i should probably just search on the internet for that
You have to use another chip as a programmer - you insterface it w/ a computer, kinda like the USB silverlink has a chip inside.
Not true! You need a special programmer; I recommend the JDM 2001 programmer to start out with, then when you get more PICs to work with, buy Microchip's ICE programmer.

Quote:
You physically burned it out via sw commands or hw misconfig?

No; it just transferred the bytes out of sync, so nothing really crashed; it just was a matter of timing issues.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Not true! You need a special programmer; I recommend the JDM 2001 programmer to start out with, then when you get more PICs to work with, buy Microchip's ICE programmer.

That's what I meant. You can use another PIC as the programmer interface.
Yeah; but how are you going to program the PIC for the programmer?

I'm thinking that he doesn't already have a PIC programmer, so he wouldn't be able to use a PIC-based programmer.
You can buy it pre-programmed. Check google.
Why go through all that? Anyway we're getting way off subject now.

Well, I messed around with my Gamecube today; it came back to life for about 10 minutes today, so I was able to play Starfox Adventures for a short while Very Happy

Can't wait until My laser comes in (I bought it off of EBay; still havn't gotten confirmation that the seller has accepted my payment Sad)
What had you done to the GameCube?

Edit: I was looking on Mouser and they don't seem to have many supplies for etching one's own PCBs. Got any sources for that?
Yes; get a copper clad board, photo paper, plain paper; look up on "toner transfer method" on google, and make sure you get an iron that can go really hot.

As for my Gamecube, I was playing it for 7 hours straight, no breaks, and I think I burned out the laser Smile
No no, I've been doing chemical etching, and I don't see the solution. RadioShack has it though.
[qoute]As for my Gamecube, I was playing it for 7 hours straight, no breaks, and I think I burned out the laser Smile[/quote]

Hmm, that is odd, I have played mine nearly 18 hours one day, no breaks, and I didn't have that problem... (though my eyes hurt like hell...)

Metroid can be such a fun game...
Surprised Lasers in CD players don't burn out!?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours