37%  [ 6 ]
Too much time on your hands, but cool.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Get a life.
 12%  [ 2 ]
Mmm, colors.
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Well, I got my Gamecube laser from EBay today (NEVER get anything shipped to you USPS First Class), and so far it's been working properly. It took a while to get the laser pot adjusted right for the laser to work though. I just have to remember to give the laser breaks at least once every five hours Smile

Either that, or increase airflow or add some kind of cooling to the laser, which I'm seriously thinking about. Maybe a fan under the laserhead assembly... Idea
Just hook up a heatsink from an old CPU with a small fan - that should work fine. Just amke sure you get the fan polarity right! Very Happy
:huh: Dude, the laser is tiny and moves a lot - no room for a heatsink.
I meant to headsink the fan, not the laser. Make the fan suck the air from the laser across the sink.
Neutral But then I'd have to get a more powerful fan to do that then; the one in the Gamecube is preety junky. I was thinking more along the lines of dry ice or something...
Laughing And where are you going to get a regular shipment of dry ice from?
Ingles? alot of grocery stores actually sell dry ice, it just isnt economical to buy dryice every day or two...
...Or maybe a very small peltier module with a flat ribbon cable, or liquid nitrogen cooling ph43r

Well, I've finally gotten my Gamecube to work; changed out the laser, adjusted the spindle, adjusted the laser pot... now everything works normal agian. Also, check out this thread:http://nfg.2y.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1280&st=0
Actually, using a Peltier device for that isn't a bad idea. The only problem is all that heat on the other side... Surprised
But that's not a problem, as long as it doesn't melt anything.

Well, I got my Gamecube to work, but now my family computer has died Sad
I have been able to isolate the problem though; ad motherboard. What sucks is that it took me forever to find a compatible motherboard, snce it was so old. So last night my Dad bought a new motherboard and RAM to go along with it since the old RAM won't fit in this new motherboard; I should be good to go by Friday.
Cool. Be sure to keep us posted!
requesting problem place password parts package ordering order morning mailed log late i havnt email edit client buying apparently angry again account since site support tech turns work zipzoomfly

[Please note that this post has been rebuilt from a corrupted database.]
instead jplace mouser

apparently err free give help items mean newegg orders process shipping since takes

electronics meant supplier

black came cards dead friday hope inno3d may might nice pcbd processor realization vendor video

cpu killed

computer turn

cpu kill power supply wouldnt

1 28 annoying apart backup boot brothers case computer dremel drilled drive emergency everything family files frustration generated ghz hard heat heatsink hooked hosing i im installed integrated kill laptop least long mhz mobo motherboard open overclocked overclocking pain parents pci ports processor read remove roblems since slots successfully such taking today took transfer upgrade usb using wanting windows wipe worth yesterday

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours