well me and Hugo are joining Macrodie and FreitazOS, it will be called M_F Fusion Works and will include many new upgrades like:
:-> Explorer with GUI interface choosed by the user
:-> many tasks on the screen maybe running at the same time* programmer defined
:-> mouse edit routine
:-> simplified and very fast switch between programs and apps
:-> libraries
:-> resizing windows** now posiible
:-> bootscreen ***user defined
:-> user defined APD
:-> Clock by software or hardware depending on the version of the calc
:-> USB compability flash drives and so on *** in progress
:-> 5 users may interface with one admin with special rights
:-> 5 compability shell's 'Macrodie, Freitaz OS, MirageOS , ION , Ashell'
:-> it will have keyhooks and other many stuff
:-> task bar can be user defined
:-> Start menu customized
:-> command line
:-> Control painel
:-> Zip files
:-> Icons with extensions
:-> Encrypted files
:-> Send Files and folder from one calc to another I/O
:-> Specified For + Silver Edition but also works on normal +
:-> ScreenSavers
And maybe other features tell me if you want more things
included.... and what you thought about this...
We can accept anyone who is interested in help us....
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. AShell is a TI-83 shell; there's no TI-83+/TI-84+ AShell programs. Sad And you totally stole the cursor edit idea from DCS.
you could ask hugo about when i have the cursor edit idea and he will tell you there are other people that know that i have that idea before you all.... About Ashell it will execute those programs in emulation... understood
I understand, but how to you plan to emulate TI-83 execution? The RAM areas are totally different, as are the ROMcalls...
that's why it will be precompiled before loaded to ram that will require from us many work but we intend to do it we will make an library that will permitt the adding compability function... in order to support many different shells....
You mean you're going to make it change every call and every RAM reference? That's gonna be a massive chunk of data tables. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
You mean you're going to make it change every call and every RAM reference? That's gonna be a massive chunk of data tables. Razz

Or... could it be possible to do a "recompile" on the fly before running the program, doing a sort of find/replace?
They need to change CD NN NN to CD YY YY where $CD = call NN NN - not to mention the sheer impossibility of knowing which CD NN NN is part of say, picture data and which is a call. Things like gbuf, pencol, penrow, etc need to be replaced. In essence, it's impossible to do reliably.
Not so impossible if you analyze the address that you will call and check if there is an ret or if there exist weird code... but that will be too slow is because of that that i will only try to emulate the code....
rayden wrote:
Not so impossible if you analyze the address that you will call and check if there is an ret or if there exist weird code... but that will be too slow is because of that that i will only try to emulate the code....
It's still far too unreliable though. What do you mean you're going to "emulate" the code? Oh, I get it. That should be interesting
Go for it, please get an 83 emulator...there are so many more programs for the 83 that I want to try out.
Try EMU8x http://www.detachedsolutions.com/features\

Edit:Here is a direct link.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/377/37796.html

Edit2:Crap, I forgot you need a rom... Google it... Very Happy
BrandonB wrote:
Go for it, please get an 83 emulator...there are so many more programs for the 83 that I want to try out.
You could just use VTI, PTI, or TiLem on your computer...
M_F Fusion is giving is little first steps now we have an real program that have window reg and some nice stuff like Multithread programming with our new based language called C- Fusion is a mixed of C and assembler and some ADA but it gives you the option of really multithread or not. That is with the programmer itself.... Another thing is that it now have an Filesystem not an really cool one but an alternative to TI-VAT you can implement to almost 4000 files on the calc... Well if you have space for that... Another Cool feature that is comming is the USB now MF can understand USB protocol...
so is this a completely new OS or a flash app? also do you have a demo/any screenshots? this is sound quite cool.
Its an Flash App really smiliar to an OS because We can execute many aplications and when i mean app i mean Flash Apps not only program's... Another thing that i not mentioned is that hugo is working on Mirageos Compability and i on Ashell but do to my little time it could take awile to appear because i do not like to release code with bugs and for know its a little buggy!!! Althought macrodie Trap all errors by the error stack that i implemented is like windows but i don't like unstable programs i haven't even send it to my calc i only tested with the debugger... USB with an programm called USB IF... About the screenshots i could put some here when i came here again in order for you to see...
Well, good luck with that, although I think any kind of "error stack" couldn't really catch errors caused by executing into $c000+, for example.
the error stack is something like you have a program and that program have is own stack, regards rayden
Oh, ok, so ASM programs won't corrupt the normal stack if they crash; fair enough. That could cause a bit of trouble in programs that do extension stack manipulation, however.
yap i will have to include more two bytes on PID specifiyng the address of the stack... but with this an normal program even if it crashes it will not crash macrodie and macrodie could stop the buggy program....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours