They're online now.

http://www.collegeboard.com/
So? How did it go for ya? Smile Good luck on the scores to all those who took the October test.
I raised my reading and writing. My math went down, but they only keep the highest, right?

Anyone, my highest scores are:

Math: 680
Reading: 500
Writing 480:
IIRC, they look at the highest score from a certain session. So if you get a 550, 500, 800 one time, and a 650, 750, 600, the second one would count, because it has the highest aggregate score.
It could also depend on the school where you apply--for instance, I'm sure a tech school might take into account what you scored in math compared to writing.
It depends on the school. There's two different main methods of figuring out multiple SAT sessions; different schools use either one:

1. Average all scores. Done.
2. Take the highest score from each section over the different sessions.
KermMartian wrote:
It depends on the school. There's two different main methods of figuring out multiple SAT sessions; different schools use either one:

Which is most common?
KermMartian wrote:

Really? Here they take your highest session score...
Huh, none of the schools I applied to did it that way. The majority took the highest section scores overall.
KermMartian wrote:
Huh, none of the schools I applied to did it that way. The majority took the highest section scores overall.

I think it's a trend that's almost geographical, kinda like how some use the ACT and some the SAT...
allynfolksjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I think it's a trend that's almost geographical, kinda like how some use the ACT and some the SAT...
True dat. Did all of the schools you applied to average the scores that way.
Well, I only applied to one school. Smile
SAT II (subject tests)

Math lvl2: 720
Physics: 720

(both are out of 800, of course)
This reminds me; I have to take the SAT this saturday (SAT I).
hmm, I need to sign up for the ACT so I can apply to college.
I need to sign up for the subject tests...
I took the SAT II tests last spring:
Chem: 790
Math II: 800
Physics: 760

My highest SAT scores:
Math: 800
Writing: 660 (got a 650 this time)
Reading: 630

SATs are not really (at least shouldn't be) a large part of what colleges look at. There are things much more important than scores on tests such as extracurricular involvment, rigor of courses, etc.
Very good, kirb. And nice job on that pair of perfect Math scores. Smile
Why do you feel extracurricular activities are important? I realize that colleges think they are, but I can't find any reason why. I work 5 days a week (4 of them after school). I barely have time to finish my schoolwork as it is. Then in those few hours I have open, instead of studying, they want me out on a football field running back and forth after a little ball? To me, the whole thing seems ridiculous.
Aren't football and work extracurricular?
Liazon wrote:
Aren't football and work extracurricular?

Incase you missed in, foamy doesn't play football, he was mocking it. And no, work doesn't count as extracurricular

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours