Why, do they have some calculus on it? That was one of my gripes about the SAT; I would have preferred it with some calc questions.
The one i took had a couple logarithms on it.
Psh... logarithms? They haven't taught you that by Algebra II in your school? I think I learned that in Algebra I in 7th or 8th grade.
i have been in precalculus for about two months now and we just started learning about them today.
I took the ACT last year (7th grade) and I knew very little of the math Razz I guessed on almost all of it that was above algebra I level. I ended up making something like a 26 Razz
My reading score on the SAT is exactly the same as when I took it in 7th grade Laughing
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
My reading score on the SAT is exactly the same as when I took it in 7th grade 0x5

Shows you how messed up our secondary education system is. Smile
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
My reading score on the SAT is exactly the same as when I took it in 7th grade 0x5
Either you're mentally retarded or your school system doesn't teach you enough humanities subjects. Razz
hmm, maybe I should find the PLAN test results, and see what that says on what they think I should get for an ACT score.
KermMartian wrote:
Psh... logarithms? They haven't taught you that by Algebra II in your school? I think I learned that in Algebra I in 7th or 8th grade.

Logs are taught in trig/precalc, not algerbra Rolling Eyes /me thinks Kerm is getting his math sections confused Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Logs are taught in trig/precalc, not algerbra Rolling Eyes /me thinks Kerm is getting his math sections confused Razz

It depends on your book, teacher and school...
allynfolksjr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

It depends on your book, teacher and school...

Are you sure about that? I learned logs in trig, too. I thought there was a standard curriculum for things like that.
Perhaps I am. If it was in Trig, I learned it in 8th grade. Hmm, yeah, that sounds right. k, Trig then.
hmm, now I learned about logs in Advanced Algebra in my school.
/me learned about logs in 4th grade or so from me Dad, right after he explained powers on the way to the bus stop
rivereye wrote:
hmm, now I learned about logs in Advanced Algebra in my school.

Oh, my class was "Trigonometry/Advanced Algebra" so it could have been the AA portion I learned it.
i was browsing www.collegeboard.com for information on the SAT and was wondering which test i have to sign up for. The reasoning test or the subject test. I am thinking that it is the reasoning test but am not one hundred percent sure.
...reasoning
So...which college did everyone end up going to?
Millersville University

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours