[please post any further relevant discussion in the RC4 thread]
I had a thought that would make DCS kill just about every shell even more; if there was a way to use it with msd8x. This could ether be a SE or even a whole new app but if it were possible that would pwn.
TheStorm wrote:
I had a thought that would make DCS kill just about every shell even more; if there was a way to use it with msd8x. This could ether be a SE or even a whole new app but if it were possible that would pwn.

Sure it's possible...msd8x just makes a few calls to the usb8x MSD driver...that's where the real magic is. If you did that, you could dump msd8x completely.
TheStorm wrote:

Someone was talking about editing msd8x to run the programs through DCS instead of MOS. I don't remember who it was, though...
foamy3 wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

Someone was talking about editing msd8x to run the programs through DCS instead of MOS. I don't remember who it was, though...

I believe that was Kerm, and it's very simple.
it was actually me, however Kerm never got around to implementing the runProg entry point which means instead I have to write aDrive.
The option of editing BASIC programs from DoorsCS would be nice...Three other things you might consider is fixing issues with MoblieTunes3, working on the MIDI-to-MT3 converter, and working on getting the gCn server up.

I don't really care about msd8x because I do not have an 84+/SE, but I am sure the people who do would want that feature really badly.
I wonder how big of an SE would be required to make it so you can edit BASIC programs from DCS, using graphscreen sized text. That has always been my beef, it would be so much nicer to see the code in the smaller font because you would be able to see more of it at once...
tifreak8x wrote:
I wonder how big of an SE would be required to make it so you can edit BASIC programs from DCS, using graphscreen sized text. That has always been my beef, it would be so much nicer to see the code in the smaller font because you would be able to see more of it at once...

I never thought of that before. That would be really useful.
tifreak: that would be much better in the form of a full fledged program than as a SE.....
How about an icon SE? Letting users choose what default icons they want for their programs might be nice.

Honestly, I've tried making icons to replace the standard BASIC one, but I've never made anything that looked better.
elfprince13 wrote:
it was actually me, however Kerm never got around to implementing the runProg entry point which means instead I have to write aDrive.

He claims MirageOS compatibility but hasn't implemented runprog? Which others didn't he implement?
Well I know tari has a start on the MSD8x thing too. it would be nice to acutally be able to run all of the progs on the flash drive, basic to DCS ASM. Right now MSD8x errors with some basic let alone MOS programs.
PS if you could add a feature to run apps from the flash drive that would rock!
brandonw wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

He claims MirageOS compatibility but hasn't implemented runprog? Which others didn't he implement?

none that I'm aware of......
elf talk to tari. I know he has a good amount of code done on this and this might be the first usefull SE besides tabfuncs.
elfprince13 wrote:
brandonw wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

none that I'm aware of......

setupInt, there are probably more.
I have a suggestion, make an option that ignores minor errors in TI-BASIC by skipping that line or that part of code (if it is the header for an "if" or "for"). With this option on, your programs would only stop if one of the following error occours:
ERR:BREAK (when caused by pressing "on", it might be another option who turns this off.)
TheStorm wrote:

Would that be possible? Because if DCS could let you run apps from a flashdrive, people would use DCS just for realsound.
foamy3 wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

Would that be possible? Because if DCS could let you run apps from a flashdrive, people would use DCS just for realsound.

Yes, it's already done in msd8x. It also imports and exports them. That version isn't released, but it's on the CVS at usb8x.sf.net.
brandonw wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Only external GUIs for MOS use RunProg, so in the limited time I had, it wasn't a huge priority.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 43
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours