A shell expansion (SE), you mean?

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Shell_Expansions
KermMartian wrote:

yeap!
though i fear it might be a bit too difficult for me lol...
i am trying to make it so that the mouse appears more like a pc's mouse and stuff
What do you mean exactly? And just so you know, a Shell Expansion would be insufficient to make every textbox have a text-bar cursor.
KermMartian wrote:
What do you mean exactly? And just so you know, a Shell Expansion would be insufficient to make every textbox have a text-bar cursor.

hmm... i see...
Sad
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

hmm... i see...
Sad
You can easily write either a BASIC or ASM program with the requisite GUI elements to make that work in a few minutes though, WhiteValkery! In fact, if you want, I can show you both the ASM and BASIC code to do that.
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

hmm... i see...
Sad
You can easily write either a BASIC or ASM program with the requisite GUI elements to make that work in a few minutes though, WhiteValkery! In fact, if you want, I can show you both the ASM and BASIC code to do that.

REALLY!?
that would be much appreciated!
Smile
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

hmm... i see...
Sad

REALLY!?
Smile
Aight, here goes nothing.

In BASIC with the DCSB Libs:

Code:
sum(9
[...push a groupmaster and other things...]
sum(7,15,1,1,4,60,"
sum(7,24,1*256+1,61*256+25,"1F1F1F1F1F1F1FFF","A04040404040A000
[...mouse and stuff...]

In ASM with the DCS GUI libraries:

Code:
    call OpenGUIStack
    ;...push a groupmaster and other things...
    ld hl,TextBoxPlusCursor
    call PushGUIStacks
    ;...mouse and the rest of the program...
TextBoxPlusCursor:
    .dw TextBPC1-TextBoxPlusCursor
    .db GUIRTextMultiline
    .db 1,1
    .db 4,60
    .dw 0,0
    .db 0
TextBPC1:
    .dw TextBPC2-TextBPC1
    .db GUIRMouseCursor
    .db 1,1
    .db 25,61
    .db $1F,$1F,$1F,$1F,$1F,$1F,$1F,$FF
    .db $A0,$40,$40,$40,$40,$40,$A0,$00
TextBPC2:
    .db $ff,$ff
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

hmm... i see...
Sad

REALLY!?
Smile
Aight, here goes nothing.

In BASIC with the DCSB Libs:

Code:
sum(9
[...push a groupmaster and other things...]
sum(7,15,1,1,4,60,"
sum(7,24,1*256+1,61*256+25,"1F1F1F1F1F1F1FFF","A04040404040A000
[...mouse and stuff...]

In ASM with the DCS GUI libraries:

Code:
    call OpenGUIStack
    ;...push a groupmaster and other things...
    ld hl,TextBoxPlusCursor
    call PushGUIStacks
    ;...mouse and the rest of the program...
TextBoxPlusCursor:
    .dw TextBPC1-TextBoxPlusCursor
    .db GUIRTextMultiline
    .db 1,1
    .db 4,60
    .dw 0,0
    .db 0
TextBPC1:
    .dw TextBPC2-TextBPC1
    .db GUIRMouseCursor
    .db 1,1
    .db 25,61
    .db $1F,$1F,$1F,$1F,$1F,$1F,$1F,$FF
    .db $A0,$40,$40,$40,$40,$40,$A0,$00
TextBPC2:
    .db $ff,$ff

nice!
thanks! this should come in real handy...
Smile
Sure thing. Smile Hopefully that helps you with both the custom cursors and with general GUI stuff. Of course, please post topic(s) with any questions that you run into. Might I ask what your immediate to medium-range goals are with it?
KermMartian wrote:
Sure thing. Smile Hopefully that helps you with both the custom cursors and with general GUI stuff. Of course, please post topic(s) with any questions that you run into. Might I ask what your immediate to medium-range goals are with it?

i am actually not so sure of it myself...
but now i have the tools necessary for the job Smile
Good stuff. I assume you downloaded and installed the Doors CS 7 SDK? Did you take a look through the SDK document itself yet?
KermMartian wrote:
Good stuff. I assume you downloaded and installed the Doors CS 7 SDK? Did you take a look through the SDK document itself yet?

currently i am still just pretty much started....
this is my first real project after all :/

i should have no trouble completing it though... (i think) Razz
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Excellent. I assume that this late in the game it's not an entry for the Cemetech Contest #7, though?
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Excellent. I assume that this late in the game it's not an entry for the Cemetech Contest #7, though?

nope... unfortunately not...
if i had thought of the idea when the summer vacation just started, then maybe... since it would be way too much of a rush if i try and make it on time now... :/
That's fair and understandable. Smile You're back in school now, correct, so you have hardly any time anymore, correct?
KermMartian wrote:
That's fair and understandable. Smile You're back in school now, correct, so you have hardly any time anymore, correct?

yeah... though i am currently just preparing things for school...
reviewing... previewing...

text book buying... blah blah blah...
school starts in 1 week actually... September 7th to be exact...

and i enrolled in the advanced CMPT class... so i wonder if i have enough knowledge to keep up... hmm... i hope i do...
I'm sure you'll do fine. Smile You'll just need to make sure you're able to manage your time well enough to still visit and work on your programs without detriment to your schoolwork.
Would it be possible to let DCS run BASIC programs in 15MHz mode on fast calculators? I don't know how difficult it may be to implement; if you have to replace the entire TI-BASIC phraser, or if it's enough to start the phraser in fast-mode. I am not aware if this may cause glitches either, so it should be well tested first of course.

If it is possible, it should either be an option in the options menu, or some setting in the header of the BASIC programs themselves.
To be honest I'm not too sure about it. Starting the program in 15MHz mode would certainly be a start, but I'm not sure if the parser itself will end up having its own ideas. Perhaps I'll add it as a DCSB Lib somewhere down the line, if a lot of people want this feature.
1) View Options: Allow the user to view the programs in a list rather than icons.
2) Allow the user to disable the mouse and simply use the arrow keys to highlight programs/icons/options
3) In the file system, allow access to all variables in the TI-OS including pics, real, strings, etc.
4) Grayscale menus instead of black-white grid

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 15 of 43
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours