Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Just some possible suggestions for ya to implement:

1) A title screen that shows up for a couple seconds, with version number, etc, maybe just bring the about screen up for the few seconds??

2) (from foamy3) Multilingual SEs. I am thinking you will need to add a section in DCS to "look" for SEs, and check mark the ones that the user wants active?? Also, all text is set to look at the default, until the SE is activated (Maybe when DCS first sees the SE, it Auto engages it, and you can turn it on/off from the menu)

3) You need to add the version/beta number somewhere in the about screen, since I have 5 copies of DCS betas on my machine... Razz Would also make it easier to debug for later if you knew what version they had.
4) Make it so you can press clear (or some other key) to exit the contrast screen incase they make it too dark or too light to see the other arrow.
tifreak8x wrote:
Just some possible suggestions for ya to implement:

1) A title screen that shows up for a couple seconds, with version number, etc, maybe just bring the about screen up for the few seconds??
I plan to add a intro screen that shows the first time you install DCS.

tifreak8x wrote:
2) (from foamy3) Multilingual SEs. I am thinking you will need to add a section in DCS to "look" for SEs, and check mark the ones that the user wants active?? Also, all text is set to look at the default, until the SE is activated (Maybe when DCS first sees the SE, it Auto engages it, and you can turn it on/off from the menu)
Fascinating... I was strongly considering such a thing at one point, but then I realized how much easier it is to just delete SEs. Smile Re: the multilingual thing: I'm thinking of just making multilingual versions...

tifreak8x wrote:
3) You need to add the version/beta number somewhere in the about screen, since I have 5 copies of DCS betas on my machine... Razz Would also make it easier to debug for later if you knew what version they had.
Definitely. I shall certainly do that.
foamy3 wrote:
4) Make it so you can press clear (or some other key) to exit the contrast screen incase they make it too dark or too light to see the other arrow.


this is a good idea.
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
4) Make it so you can press clear (or some other key) to exit the contrast screen incase they make it too dark or too light to see the other arrow.


this is a good idea.
Except for one minor hitch: the contrast screen uses the GUI system, and although I have plans for hotkey support within the GUIMouse, I currently am not exactly sure how it should work, and certainly haven't implemented it yet.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Just some possible suggestions for ya to implement:

1) A title screen that shows up for a couple seconds, with version number, etc, maybe just bring the about screen up for the few seconds??
I plan to add a intro screen that shows the first time you install DCS.


Imo, It just doesn't seem right going directly to the desktop... But I guess that is just me... Razz Any program I see on a calc I guess I expect to see a title screen before getting into the program...
tifreak8x wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Just some possible suggestions for ya to implement:

1) A title screen that shows up for a couple seconds, with version number, etc, maybe just bring the about screen up for the few seconds??
I plan to add a intro screen that shows the first time you install DCS.


Imo, It just doesn't seem right going directly to the desktop... But I guess that is just me... Razz Any program I see on a calc I guess I expect to see a title screen before getting into the program...


none of the shells have a title screen unless you ask for it.
Precisely, I think it would be annoying if it appeared every time the shell started. I don't think it's a big deal if it appears when the appvar is created or upgraded though.
elfprince13 wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Just some possible suggestions for ya to implement:

1) A title screen that shows up for a couple seconds, with version number, etc, maybe just bring the about screen up for the few seconds??
I plan to add a intro screen that shows the first time you install DCS.


Imo, It just doesn't seem right going directly to the desktop... But I guess that is just me... Razz Any program I see on a calc I guess I expect to see a title screen before getting into the program...


none of the shells have a title screen unless you ask for it.


Lol, but I WAS asking for it. Very Happy Laughing Evil or Very Mad
tifreak8x wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Just some possible suggestions for ya to implement:

1) A title screen that shows up for a couple seconds, with version number, etc, maybe just bring the about screen up for the few seconds??
I plan to add a intro screen that shows the first time you install DCS.


Imo, It just doesn't seem right going directly to the desktop... But I guess that is just me... Razz Any program I see on a calc I guess I expect to see a title screen before getting into the program...


none of the shells have a title screen unless you ask for it.


0x5, but I WAS asking for it. Very Happy 0x5 Evil or Very Mad
Uhoh, I think I started a pyramid. Razz Anyway, I'm going to make it display the intro whenever the "DCS6" appvar is created.
Have the app var archived. I'm tired of remaking my 4pxl mouse after every RAM clear, as well as recreating all the folders. Include an option to 'Hide' programs. Thats a very nice feature in MOS.


*I do have a more complex mouse, its just well, you get my point.
**If any of these have been posted before... I'm terribly sorry.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Have the app var archived. I'm tired of remaking my 4pxl mouse after every RAM clear, as well as recreating all the folders. Include an option to 'Hide' programs. Thats a very nice feature in MOS.


*I do have a more complex mouse, its just well, you get my point.
**If any of these have been posted before... I'm terribly sorry.


I heartily concur
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Have the app var archived. I'm tired of remaking my 4pxl mouse after every RAM clear, as well as recreating all the folders. Include an option to 'Hide' programs. Thats a very nice feature in MOS.


*I do have a more complex mouse, its just well, you get my point.
**If any of these have been posted before... I'm terribly sorry.


DCS uses the appvar a lot, though. If it had to be unarchived and rearchived for every use it would be very hard on your ROM. Maybe if it was just archived when DCS is closed? That wouldn't help if you crashed while in DCS, but still...
not only that, it can check to make sure the appvar is in the RAM when it is starting up.
- Drag and drop multiple files to a folder
- Rename file/folder
- Goto location (ex, /Games/MyGAme)
- Search for file
pyro_xp2k wrote:
- Drag and drop multiple files to a folder
Possible dcs7 feature
pyro_xp2k wrote:
- Rename file/folder
already there.
pyro_xp2k wrote:
- Goto location (ex, /Games/MyGAme)
Good idea. Maybe a 6.x feature.
pyro_xp2k wrote:
- Search for file
See previous.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Have the app var archived. I'm tired of remaking my 4pxl mouse after every RAM clear, as well as recreating all the folders.
Keeping the appvar archived would be highly inefficient, given how often it is used. However. I made it created an archived backup called DCS6b every time you edit a preference in the DCS Menu. If no appvar exists (for example, after a RAM clear), it looks for this backup. If it exists, it copies from it into the RAM-based DCS6 appvar, retaining the backup for future use.

Also, TI-Freak8x and others, I added the intro About screen on first creation, and I added the version number to the About screen. Voila.
KermMartian wrote:
However. I made it created an archived backup called DCS6b every time you edit a preference in the DCS Menu. If no appvar exists (for example, after a RAM clear), it looks for this backup. If it exists, it copies from it into the RAM-based DCS6 appvar, retaining the backup for future use.

Very Happy thats all you have to do.

KermMartian wrote:
Also, TI-Freak8x and others, I added the intro About screen on first creation, and I added the version number to the About screen. Voila.


yay!1!
Nevertheless, I still have some kind of off-by-one error in the FindLineEnd routine that's causing scroll up to fail. Sad
*bump*

I narrowed down my to-do list some more:

Code:
Doors CS 6: TO DO
_________________
-----------------
[ ] Routines for the following
[ ] GUISMultilineType
   [ ] FindLineEnd
      [ ] Misalignment
      [ ] Carriage return
   [ ] Textinr_cursor_down
[ ] finish text input routines for the GUI
[ ] Do something with the Link screen
[ ] AP open & save as routines & GUls
[ ] Defragmenting.... problem
[ ] Alpha sorting
- [ ] hotkey definitions for GUIMouse
- [ ] GUIfy deaktop routines
[ ] GUI Insufficient RAM invokes err handler, not internal handler
[ ] the multilingual thing: I'm thinking of just making multilingual versions...
-[ ] Drag and drop multiple files to a folder
-[ ] Goto location (ex, /Games/MyGAme) [Good idea.  Maybe a 6.x feature.]
-[ ] Search for file [Good idea.  Maybe a 6.x feature.]
-[ ] renable silent link for BASIC and ASM programs

I also decided that I wanted a little message when the preferences were restored, and I had the perfect icon for it:
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 43
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement