Thanks to everyone's help, I've finished version 1.0 of CalcClicker!

Features:
- 6 tiers of upgrades
- References to other clickers
- Saving, Loading
- Custom Sprites

Download:
https://github.com/CoolModder/CalcClicker/releases/tag/v1.0
Have fun clicking!
Looks cool! I'll make sure to try it out.
I updated it to fix display overflow.
Download is still https://github.com/CoolModder/CalcClicker/releases/tag/v1.0.
Have a nice day.
Impressive! Happy to see a new clicker game for the CE. Very Happy
The graphics are pretty nice! I think it would be great if the responsiveness was a little better, but I don't know how much you've optimized it yet. Additionally, a clicker is a really difficult genre of game to balance properly. I feel like the progression is a little fast, so maybe make the upgrades do less or cost more. Play with it for a while, get the progression just right. And add the ability to sell upgrades. Otherwise, I think this is a solid start! Keep it up!
Feels pretty responsive, sorry to hear that it was a little unresponsive, though I usually do a ram clear almost every time anything lags, and I have tested on three different calculators. Will see if I can optimize graphics and slow down progession. Selling upgrades will probably come later if I do a major update. This game is on the smaller side, so I will try and add a little more content. (Also, this is my first project, so there probably is a few performance issues.)
A few comments from glancing at your code:
  • ptr->field is equivalent and the preferred way to perform (*ptr).field.
  • Please be consistent about functionCase, variable_case, etc. Pick whatever you want, but stick with it: I see functions printUInt64, missing_appvars, and Draw just for the first three functions, which is three separate casing styles.
  • Short-circuiting and guaranteed in-order evaluation means that you can simplify this:

Code:
   if (var == 0)
   {
      return 1;
   }
   if (ti_GetC(var) != 'a')
   {
      return 1;
   }
   if (ti_Read(Player, sizeof(struct player_t), 1, var) != 1)
   {
      return 1;
   }
   if (ti_GetC(var) != 'b')
   {
      return 1;
   }
   if (ti_Read(Counts, sizeof(struct counts_t), 1, var) != 1)
   {
      return 1;
   }
   if (ti_GetC(var) != 'c')
   {
      return 1;
   }
   if (ti_Read(Prices, sizeof(struct prices_t), 1, var) != 1)
   {
      return 1;
   }
to
Code:
   if (var == 0 || ti_GetC(var) != 'a') || ti_Read(Player, sizeof(struct player_t), 1, var) != 1 ||
       ti_GetC(var) != 'b' || ti_Read(Counts, sizeof(struct counts_t), 1, var) != 1 ||  || ti_GetC(var) != 'c' ||
       ti_Read(Prices, sizeof(struct prices_t), 1, var) != 1)
   {
      return 1;
   }

• You can clean up your list of conditionals to increment Player.unlocked using a switch/case construct with cases for each possible value of Player.unlocked.
Will change (*ptr).value to ptr->value, will fix function case, but I feel if statements that long are less readable, and would rather keep it as is. Thank you for your feedback KermMartian!
Cleaned up code, and fixed a bug. Download link is the same.
Future Versions will have:
- Millions, billions, trillions, quadrillions, and so on.
- Rebalances, slowed progression
- More bug fixes
- Selling upgrades
- New tiers
- More optimization
This looks like a cool and fun iteration of Biscuit Clicker. New tiers would definitively be nice, since I tend to play those games for a while when bored. Smile
I gave this game to all my friends, and they literally leave this running at night when their sleeping to get more clicks:)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours