I'm currently working on making an NES Emulator for the Casio FX-9750GIII in Python. I recently discovered the Casio FX-9750GIII and saw many posts on this forum of people making/finding games for the Casio FX-9750GIII. But most of the posts were old and nobody was really interacting with them anymore. And I discovered a post on this forum discussing an NES Emulator that runs on the Casio FX-CG50 and other various Casio calculators, and I thought why not try to make something like this for the Casio FX-9750GIII? So I went through a couple of posts on how graphics for games could be made for the Casio FX-9750GIII by using various built-in libraries by Casio in their version of MicroPython for the Casio FX-9750GIII. Afterwards, I looked on GitHub for an NES Emulator entirely made on Python to use as a reference to base the code off of, and I looked at what libraries the NES Emulator required and the ones that are available for MicroPython on the Casio FX9750GIII. And to my surprise, quite a bit of libraries were available except for a couple of libraries that have to do with sound and graphics (sound on the Casio FX-9750GIII wouldn't be possible anyway). I will be starting the project today and you can DM me any questions about it and I will try to answer the best I can. By the way, help is wanted on this project.

NES Emulator Based off Python
Casio FX-9860GIII/FX-9750GIII/FX-7400GII Software User's Guide

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours