Well, I am adding a little bit to the command index, adding the alphabet to the top, so you can simply click on a letter of the command you are looking for, so you can more easily find what you need.

Lesson 3 just needs the code definitions and the links from the cindex page to be added and it will be ready for viewing.
http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/tutorials/83p/b/tifw/les3.htm

Lesson 3 was posted you fools! Just Joking But seriously, it was posted.

Would you guys mind looking it over, giving me feed back on the content and screenshots? Please?
This is my favorite:

Anyway, I think it's good, but I would make all of the screenshots have the same scale factor and same borders (none or black/white). It looks weird with them all over the place. Also, I think it would look better if all the screenshots near the latter part were on their own lines.
Well, the size thing is because I was using pti for the smaller ones, and calc-capture for the big ones (Or may have just used TI-Connect, dont remember).

I might see about putting them on their own lines. Gonna see what everyone else says Smile
I know, but a quick GIMP job would do to resize them all to 192x128. I look forward to seeing what other people say.
me and GIMP never really became the best of friends...
Working on Lesson 4, I decided to just delete everything and start from scratch with it, since there was just a lot of stuff that I should have covered differently, and I still need to make screenshots for... Anyways, progress with this will be sporadic as with the previous lessons... Smile
Heh, at least it's fairly steady, even with the sporadicism.
Yeah, but I need to get it "done" before I start getting some of the tutorials from the calc.org project... Hopin for quite a few there... Smile
Overall, the tutorial looks great Very Happy

The animated screenshots make the tutorial look much, much nicer.

However, on the variables section (regular ones, such as A, B, etc), you should probably mention that n, Xmin, Ymin, Xmax, Ymax, etc can all be used as variables (of course, they do have limitations, but that is beside the point).

Also, you can use the y, r, etc variables to store strings.

I don't particularly mind that the screenshots are on the same line as a bunch of text...

The multi-colored text is cool, but on some monitors, blue might be hard to read on black (don't know about this, just a thought).

GREAT JOB!!!
The only thing I can suggest for people having problems viewing blue on black is to adjust some of their settings!! It looks great on my laptop, and not too shabby on my pc.

As to the other variables, I have plans for those. I didn't really want to mention some of that stuff until I made it to the graphscreen... Smile

Thank you kindly for your compliments!! ^_^
Well, I have been slowly working on lesson 4, "Gathering user input and using boolean logic". I have decided to talk about Input, Prompt, If, Then, Else, End, IS>(, DS<(, and, or, not(, and xor.

I have already completed the user input section, and am working on a list of ways and combination to use the If command. Once I get that section done, I might paste that up here, and get your guys' opinion of it.
I have been giving some thought to this... and I think I well be removing the still images that I have posted. Do you think that would be a good idea, just leaving it all to the animated images?? I want to be able to pack this into a zip and upload to ticalc.org once I get to lesson 10, so... :S
Nah, I don't think you should remove the still images. If anything, all still would be preferable over mixed still and animated. I think having all animated would be a bad decision.
May I ask why?? I thought animated provided a better look on the input and how things responded. Just curious though...
For people with slower computers, having a lot of animated GIFs at once can bog down the browser badly. Also, this is just my personal opinion, but it always looks vaguely unprofessional to me.
Yeah, I guess I will have to go back to figure out how I want the still ones done... something I can go back and do later.
I'd say you should figure out a way to pick the most relevant parts out of the animated images for the still images, imo.
So... No one has commented on my idea for the list of uses for If command, with the other cooresponding commands. Is this something you think would be considered useful, or a waste of time??
Work continues on Lesson 4, working on clearing up some of the information given with boolean logic.

I also have a tutorial about algebra and pre-cal for the 89. Do you think this is something that I should post up? Basically, should I start some math tutorials up on the list as well?

Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours