hi,
I noticed that each time I run my program the free RAM reserved by the program is located one kilobyte higher than the previous time. At the beginning I create a variable with given name, reserve memory for it, save shadow registers and at the end of the program I restore shadow registers, delete memory and finally I delete variable, but still the free RAM is not being freed, what could be the reason for that?
P.S. I test in in the online emulator on this page and exit program by calling:
b_call(_JForceCmdNoChar)
P.S.2: there is $1a00 memory allocated, so I suppose the program isn't removed from the memory after exiting it, because it's around 1 kb
If this is actually a program and not an app, you should exit by returning to the OS rather than using _JForceCmdNoChar. I suspect that could lead to some RAM not being freed, since that's the exit procedure for a flashapp.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours