» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
you know what though, you can't win without entering the contest, give it a shot.
Rivereye, are you going to be entering the contest? I think you could make a good entry to.... >.< WTF, mental block. Whoops. Very Happy
I don't think I could do 3D, not without some work (and putting the RPG on hold). Also, if I were to enter, then I would also have to either hand over judging for a round, or would have to post all entries up and have a community vote on them.
Maybe for this contest you could do all the judging and then have a community vote for the winner to augment what you believe. Wink
rivereye wrote:
I don't think I could do 3D, not without some work (and putting the RPG on hold). Also, if I were to enter, then I would also have to either hand over judging for a round, or would have to post all entries up and have a community vote on them.
Exactly, I had somehow managed to forget you were my co-judge, hence the sudden fullstop mid-post.
So, how is everyone's entry going? Hopefully everyone atleast has Idea 's
I haven't had time to post much because of school things and classes (on AoPS, a math forum).

Anyway, I would like to participate, but I won't be working on it until after I finish my SimCity unlimited program (uses xlib, but it is the beastiest game, with advisors Very Happy ).

However, I have very little experience with 3D games, so this will be very interesting Cool

I guess I will either have to learn how to make real 3D games (some fancy term I am thinking of that 3D games say they are doing before they actually start the game) or just use the piece by piece picturing technique.

BTW, I can't get a lot of Kerms programs to work correctly (like DocumentDE and SimCity (Document DE would run, but I got errors a lot & SimCity just wouldn't work).
Which Sim City, 2k4 or Sim City 2000 ReaL 3D Demo?
Not the demo - the one with the funky name, sc2k4.

And, a lot of the files in the archive I can't download (such as calc84maniacs new on calc compiler).

I also had another problem with sc2k4, getting it to my calc.

When I sent it, it didn't automatically unzip the files, so I had to manually extract each one and send it, but that happened with others so it isn't something unique to sc2k4.
Erm, you can't send zips to calcs... or do you mean the group files? I'm gonna assume you mean that. Very Happy Weirdness, which transfer program are you using? TI-Connect? GraphLink? TILP?
I don't mess with TI-Connect because I never figured out how to send files TO the calculator with it.

Normally, I just right-click on a zip file and click "Send to TI-Device" and it comes up with a screen of the files in the zip & I select the ones I want & send them to my calculator.

This time, however, it didn't opent the zip (yours was not the only time it happened, note).

When I release the beta of SimCity (while we are talking about it), could you look at the formulas for stuff like money, etc for me?
I wouldn't recommend doing it that way - you should unpack the zip, then use the unzipped files to do Send to TI... (which is a function of TI-Connect, by the way). Anyway, yeah, I'd be happy to betatest.
Sorry I couldn't get back to you yesterday, but my mom, dad, and sister needed to use computers, so I obviously couldn't.

I figured I wasn't sending files to my calculator in the best way, so I will actually try to figure out how to send files through ticonnect.

I worked a lot on it yesterday, adding the advisor panel (5 advisors, I think, each with roughly 6-8 phrases), added 3 new buildings, added a save game feature (didn't realize it earlier, but my game uses 46 variables), and added adjustable speed, and adjustable frequency for updating the city (rebuilding it so you get more stages, etc).

The part I really need help on is creating two 16x16 sprites - one for a police station and one for a fire station. They have a border around them 1 pixel thick, and I can't get them to work Sad
Can you post up the ones you've already come up with as a guide to see what you had in mind originally? Then I can see what I can design instead.
I don't know how to post a picture without putting it on a website, so I will have to email you the file (its a 14.something JPG).

Also, someone should probably split this part so the topic doesn't become too off topic Very Happy

Also, Kerm, note that I still haven't moved the picture 1 pixel to the right yet to fix the bug that the first sprite is only 15 pixels wide, not 16.

You should get the idea.

The last sprite (23) is for blank, the second to last (22) is the temporary police station, and the one above the blank (17) is the temporary fire station.

If you want the picture in .8xi format, I can also give you that.
bflat, to post a pic on forums, once it is up on a web site, it isn't hard to link to. for example, lets say I have a pic at http://rivereye.ifastnet.com/pics/rivereye.png, then my code looks like

Code:
[img]http://rivereye.ifastnet.com/pics/rivereye.png[/img]
and you get
I would recommend removing the , in the url Idea
ah, you get the point (as that does not really need to be linked anyways).
b-flat wrote:
I don't know how to post a picture without putting it on a website, so I will have to email you the file (its a 14.something JPG).

http://imageshack.us/
http://www.photobucket.com
Alright, thanks for the links, Kerm.

HERE IT IS, the image you have all been waiting for Cool

W00T, it worked and now I know how to post images!!!

BTW, I still think someone should split the topic...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours