I've been trying to set up interrupts on the TI-84+ CE, but I can't find a single thing online about it. Can anyone help me with this?
Interrupts in user programs are a bit tricky because TI removed hardware support for IM 2, which we historically used to install custom interrupt handlers. Meanwhile, TI's interrupt handler doesn't provide any user customization.

The one remaining way to use custom interrupts is to run code strictly in Z80 mode with IM 1, placing a handler at the $0038 vector in the RAM area pointed to by MBASE. When switching to ADL mode, interrupts must be disabled to avoid calling TI's interrupt handler.

Alternatively, you can keep interrupts disabled and poll the interrupt controller or relevant hardware when needed.

The interrupt controller documentation is here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours