Turquoise version is now released! https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/2372 .

I already posted what some improvements will be above but here is the complete list:
-Fixed title screen year being 2999.
-Added credits screen.
-Fixed save file data getting offset in some situations
-You can now choose to keep save data archived in the title screen options at the cost of more defragmenting
-Walking around feels more responsive and there is no more delay before you start moving again after the initial keypress if you hold the key down.
-Fixed first dungeon being marked as incomplete in your save file if you beat the final boss.
-Fixed final dungeon entrance disappearing after beating the final boss, reloading your game then exiting the final dungeon (entirely related to the above bug).
-Fixed two overworld map design issues allowing you to walk on a solid tree in each of the two affected areas.
-Moved the selection numbers down when you select a party member to use the Cure magic on so that it has less chances of overlapping on walruses and being hard to read.
-Selection numbers no longer erase a bunch of lines of pixels when closed but rather only erase what's behind them.
-You can no longer attack out of combat enemies (when their health is zero)
-Changed Walriichu's class to Electric instead of Holy.
-Fixed bug causing fire enemies to be strong against ice.
-Fire and electric walruses are now weak against water.
-Fixed bug causing holy and water walruses to be nearly immune against life and cure spells respectively.
-Win rate added to Walriipedia
-The final game's messages (such as "The End") now shows up on a custom screen like the rest of the game instead of using basic homescreen text fonts.
is there a way to keep my progress but update to turquoise? Also, you should add a feature that allows you to run away from battles from which you've already gotten the walruses.
Calculatordream wrote:
Also, you should add a feature that allows you to run away from battles from which you've already gotten the walruses.

This should be available everywhere except for the temples/dungeons.
Turquoise will support Brown save files. Also good idea for new feature!
Progress update for Magenta version:
-Allow running away from overworld battles for when you already own the walruses. Note that this hurts your win ratio, however.
-A mini-map of the game's overworld is now available and shows which dungeon you have visited and cleared. However this means that there is now an extra sub-program and
the game now takes almost 580 KB of archive memory. I initially tried drawing the map from the in-game map data but it took far too long to render
-Electric walruses are no longer almost immune against grass attacks, while grass walruses are now almost immune against them. This was basically a typo like how Walriichu was initially set to be a light walrus.

I also noticed on rev-M+ hardware that holding keys down slows the game loading down considerably, so when you walk from a room to another or load a battle I recommend not holding down arrows or any other keys for maximum loading speed.

EDIT: By the way the following screenshot is from the 2016 version of the game. It had scrolling but no doubt that it would get scrapped during development as the game nears completion and slows down as it gets bigger. I already had the character names for the 150 that were originally included, but they were 9-characters long and the walruses all shared the same palette of 35 colors so they were lower quality than the 2023 version of the project:
i love the overworld map!
Updates!
-Switches now disappear in any dungeon after being activated rather than just in the final one.
-Walrii doesn't flicker as much now while walking.
-Walriingel's battle moves have been reorderd properly.
-Three new playable characters added. However I still need to assign them to map areas or dungeons.

Some new battle moves are being worked on as well but they aren't part of the battle code yet and I still need to program their effects:

CHANGELOG since Turquoise version release:

Magenta Version (2023-08-29)
-Allow running away from overworld battles for when you already own the walruses. Note that this hurts your win ratio, however.
-A mini-map of the game's overworld is now available and shows which dungeon you have visited and cleared.
-Renamed the STUN attack move to QUASAR.
-STUN is now a new, different move more relevant to its name, along with SCAN, POISON and REMEDY.
-Three additional battle moves were added besides the aforementioned STUN move. Most involve status ailments such as poison or paralyzing.
-Many battle moves were replaced with new moves for various walruses and some walrus moves were re-ordered.
-Four walruses that were obtainable by talking to ghosts swapped location with each others.
-Raydenii is now an electric walrus rather than dark.
-Electric walruses are no longer almost immune against grass attacks, while grass walruses are now almost immune against them.
-Water walruses are now immune against water attacks
-Switches now disappear in any dungeon after being activated rather than just the last.
-Walrii doesn't flicker as much now while walking.
-Six new playable characters were added.
-The final dungeon floor color has been changed.
-An extra block is erased by the switch in the longer dungeons to reduce backtracking.
-There are now two extra sub-programs due to the addition of new characters and the map and the game is now around 600 KB large.

In the following screenshot I have the same character twice (which has been also renamed to something else) but that was for testing purposes and to showcase some of the new battle moves involving status ailments (although the screenshot seems slower than an actual CE including pre-M revisions)

It's currently in Cemetech and Ticalc.org file pending queue but it can be downloaded from TI-Planet already:

https://tiplanet.org/modules/archives/download.php?id=3555797 (Magenta version)
https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/2372 (Magenta version)
https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/2372/x2813 (Turquoise version)
I'm excited to try it! You were up early to.
The recently released Magenta Version got some fixes!

-The NEEDLE attack move now poisons its target.
-Added full credits for original Walrii fan art to both readme and the game as the previous credits didn't go into details for this.
-Fixed Walrii walking sprite overlapping on the right side of the screen when exiting the other side of the screen.
-Fixed final dungeon not unlocking properly once the other dungeons are completed.

https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/2372

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours