I sent an email regarding obtaining an SDK for the TI-84 Plus CE for personal use only.

clevor wrote:
Dear Texas Instruments,

I want to be an Assembly programmer for the TI-84 Plus CE. I find that the documentation on the system provided by the community isn't fully developed. I would like to request an official SDK from the Texas Instruments company for personal use.
Sincerely,
[my Name] aka clevor

And here is their response.

TI Cares wrote:
Hello [My Name],

Thank you for contacting Texas Instruments.

I understand you would like to download an SDK for the TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator. I will be glad to provide information about this topic.

Texas Instruments does not have an SDK available for the TI-84 Plus CE.

For programming assistance, please check the TI-Basic Programming Guide for the TI-84 Plus CE. You may find the guide at the following link:

https://education.ti.com/html/webhelp/EG_TI84PlusCECode/EN/index.html

You may also explore the basics of coding with short, easy-to-master, lessons that include everything beginners need to succeed. To view the lessons, please visit the link below:

https://education.ti.com/en/activities/ti-codes/84/10-minutes

If you have further questions or comments, please feel free to send me an email.

Best regards,

[Texas Instruments Employee]

I believe they do have a C SDK, but for internal use only. From what I interpret, sharing it would hurt their reputation of "banning" assembly programs on the TI-84 Plus CE.
I don't understand what this topic is or where you're getting this reputation thing from. They're made it clear they don't support C or ASM on the TI-84 Plus CE, and they're certainly not going to release their internal developer toolchain to the public.
Yeah you're right. Maybe I should use Numworks instead.
clevor wrote:
Yeah you're right. Maybe I should use Numworks instead.
They lock down platforms in even worse fashion.
Kerm is right in that it wouldn't make much sense given they don't support ASM. Interesting that they didn't take the opportunity to plug their python line of calcs though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours