I'm porting CEmu to the CG50. It's incredibly slow at the moment (it can probably be improved a lot but I mean maybe 5-10% speed) and nowhere near ready, but maybe people will be interested to see that this is possible:

This is very interesting, I think it would be funny showing a TI-84 Plus CE screen to people with the calculator being a Casio.
Heath wrote:
I'm porting CEmu to the CG50. It's incredibly slow at the moment (it can probably be improved a lot but I mean maybe 5-10% speed) and nowhere near ready, but maybe people will be interested to see that this is possible:

Wow, I guess this another example of portable software.

What's next? Emulating Casio on a Casio?
dr-carlos wrote:
Heath wrote:

Wow, I guess this another example of portable software.

What's next? Emulating Casio on a Casio?

Well, I have made some progress on making a CG50 emulator, and the upper 6MB of RAM is usually unused, so it’s not impossible…
Heath wrote:
Well, I have made some progress on making a CG50 emulator, and the upper 6MB is RAM are usually unused, so it’s not impossible…

Very Happy
I'd be more woried about the addin size to be honest.
dr-carlos wrote:
Heath wrote:
Well, I have made some progress on making a CG50 emulator, and the upper 6MB is RAM are usually unused, so it’s not impossible…

Very Happy
I'd be more woried about it the addin size to be honest.

It would be possible to run gint-based addins that don’t call into the OS, or even just read the OS directly from the calculator’s flash… (though my emulator doesn’t run the OS yet)
Not that there’s much practical use for that, but it could be interesting to see if it’s possible
Finally, a reason to buy a Casio calc! Evil or Very Mad
This is hilarious! I'd love to see it develop further! If only the CE could emulate the cg50...
TheLastMillennial wrote:
This is hilarious! I'd love to see it develop further! If only the CE could emulate the cg50...

Pity the CE isn't good enough to emulate the mighty Casio
If you put this up on GitHub it would be awesome to see what other improvements could be made. Great work! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours