I'm going to start riding the bus again once the roads start getting bad. I know how some teen drivers like icy parking lots. The last thing I need is someone to slide into my car...
parking lots are fun though with ice.

Ah well, at least I have 4X4 if I need it.
True, they're fun, but only when they're empty. Some people have no problem pulling an e-brake slide with other cars all around them... <_<
that is true, and why e-brake slide, all I need to do is drop into third gear at about 45 on that and I will have the nice slide going.
While we're on the 'driving subject'. I have no significant interest in driving. I just walk to school, walk back, walk to a friends house, walk back. Me and my iPod. Oh the countless days out in the park, by the river, running through the medow. Man, I need a life. XD.

Takes me 8-12mins to walk to school. 8mins if I make all the crossing lights, 12 mins if I miss them all. I live like 1/2 mile away...
I've walked to my school and back. It takes too long.
I walked to school once. It took probably 45 minutes, and that was taking the shortcut through the mall parking lot. Not fun, that was. Biking's where it's at.
Wow, you have a mall between your school and house? The would pwn. My school is 8.6 miles away, and the closest mall is another 10 or so miles past that.
My high school is on the border between civilization and redneck country Laughing
My school is on the border between freaks and rednecks... When I was a Freshman, the rednecks were winning.. Now, as a Senior, the freaks seem to be winning. Maybe that's just because the rednecks are getting taken out.
I walked nearly every day to and from my high school, generally 25 minutes to school and 30 minutes home. I almost always take the subway to college now, yet I did have to walk the 5ish miles to and fro when the transit employees went on strike. I managed to do that in about an hour to 75 minutes.
You take the subway? Hard to find a close apartment? My sister has been in her college's dorm all 4 years. Very Happy
foamy3 wrote:
You take the subway? Hard to find a close apartment? My sister has been in her college's dorm all 4 years. Very Happy
My college only has sufficient dorms for about half of the freshmen and no one else. Real estate ain't cheap here.
KermMartian wrote:
I walked nearly every day to and from my high school, generally 25 minutes to school and 30 minutes home. I almost always take the subway to college now, yet I did have to walk the 5ish miles to and fro when the transit employees went on strike. I managed to do that in about an hour to 75 minutes.

get a bike, 5 miles is about a 25 minute bike.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

get a bike, 5 miles is about a 25 minute bike.
I've considered that in the past, but it's tough to find a place to park a bike here. Not to mention it's pretty dangerous riding a bike in these parts.
Kerm, if it is dangerous to rid a bike, wouldn't it be dangerous to walk also?
rivereye wrote:
Kerm, if it is dangerous to rid a bike, wouldn't it be dangerous to walk also?
No, because you don't have to walk in the street. New York City law requires cyclists over a certain age to ride in the streets.
ah, I see now.

As for my day, as some of you may know, I have to drive between two schools during the day, and today, I stalled my truck 4 times trying to get it out of the parking lot. Stupid cold blooded prick.
I stopped at a stop sign last night and my car stalled out... It's never done that before. I hope it's okay. I just got it a couple months ago.
It takes me 20 minutes by car to get to my school, and at least half of that is spent on the highway...

Snow is equally good on an empty parking lot Smile (even with a 4x4 Razz ) Course, I was doing 'drift' turns on every street around here.... (at ~15-20 mph, no traffic, very few cars at all) But yeah, no need to use an e-brake at all in the snow/ice, just turn the wheel hard and thats good enough even at low speed

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours