I normally have about 15 minutes extra in the morning to play on my compy a little before school, but I was really tired so after I showered and got dressed, I reset my alarm and took a 15 min nap. When I woke up and hurried to to get things ready and leave, I forgot Luise, my calculator. Just as it happens, we actually needed calcs for calculus today.

The reason I was so tired was because I was up really late studying for my AP European History essay test. When I got to class, there was a substitute teacher and we just watched a movie. All that studying was useless...

When I got out to the parking lot after school, not only was it raining, my one back tire was completely flat. I saw the kid two spaces down was in automotive tech, so I asked him to come over and tell me where I should put the jack (Ahead of or behind the tire). As he was showing me, another kid came over and offered to help, too. We got it changed really fast. I really owe it to those guys.

Now I have to go to work in the rain... Hopefully tomorrow is better. It can't get much worse. Rolling Eyes
Dont say it can't get worse... it will always find a way to do so... :/
Good point...

Gah, I just realized I'll have to ride the bus tommorow...
Argh, that's no fun. Hope tomorrow is better. At least those guys were able to help you with your tire.
yeah, that is helpful.

This morning was odd for me also. First of all, we had a power glitch overnight (thankfully, my computer was off), so my alarm was reset and I slept in 45 minutes. Then I get up and when I get downstairs, I am told that I can't drive my truck into work today. To find out, it is/was raining out and my dad couldn't ride is Harley into work today, and his truck's rear end is slinging grease on out, so that is not good. So my mom drives me to school and that was ok I guess. Get into school to find out I have to do an insane Math Test thing for scholarship, thankfully I had my trusty calc on me. The test has 40 questions on it, 100 minutes to complete it, and they say a good score on this test is 15/40, ok, so I have my work cut out for me. Ususally, a 40 question math test would take me about 20 minutes, this took me the entire time to do , and I did a lot of guessing on this. After this, I have to find my class of about 15 kids (that showed up today) in the Gym because they are watching a presenter, and we have a school of about 8-900 kids, that was a pain also. Well, then the afternoon rolls around, and my mom comes to get me from school (btw, still raining), and she comes 15 minutes late, grr. Well, all is well now I guess (we shall see).
How about this? I had one cancelled class but three other hours of class, made minimal progress on DCS, am starving, and am panicing about the upcoming physics test on Friday. Laughing
KermMartian wrote:
How about this? I had one cancelled class but three other hours of class, made minimal progress on DCS, am starving, and am panicing about the upcoming physics test on Friday. 0x5

My Physics teacher hasn't come to school yet. Something with his heart... We've went through 2 chapters of notes already, and no one has been able to explain them.
There's this girl in my calc class who's been "sick" for over a month now and hasn't come to class since (although I've seen her in the halls a few times; aybe she's skipping/dropped the class? But then again it's too late for her to have dropped the class...)
.....2 days ago/early yesterday morning was insanely awesome...yesterday was mediocre, today just sucked. I got to school and was working on my jello cannon for the physics war and got my hands covered in expanding foam which is nearly impossible to get off, then our plan for the aim device didn't work and I had to skip my next 2 classes getting it working. at that point I was 20 minutes late to come out and meet Mom to grab my bike and bike down to the college for my class there. she was still there, so I got the bike, and started pumping up the tires (they have a slow leak) and the rear one popped.....so I had to go home with Mom, get her bike (which is definitely not a nice road bike..its a hybrid which is awful after 3 months of using a really nice road bike) and bike in to the college making me 30 minutes late for an hour long class where we were learning about Scheme which has got to be the bitchiest language ever, especially after you miss the first 30 minutes....and I still don't know what Im gonna be for the halloween dance tonight.
Eh, that reminds me that I also need to decide on a custom for Halloween. Calculator, anyone? Very Happy
joo stole my idea....
elfprince13 wrote:
joo stole my idea....
Dude, it's an age old idea for all graphing calculator programmers. The trick is to figure out a rational way to implement it.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
joo stole my idea....
Dude, it's an age old idea for all graphing calculator programmers. The trick is to figure out a rational way to implement it.

refrigerator box + craft paint Wink
foamy3 wrote:
I forgot Luise, my calculator. Just as it happens, we actually needed calcs for calculus today.

Two things:
1) You name your calculator?
2) You needed graphing calculators for calculus? That's blasphemy!
allynfolksjr wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
I forgot Luise, my calculator. Just as it happens, we actually needed calcs for calculus today.

Two things:
1) You name your calculator?
2) You needed graphing calculators for calculus? That's blasphemy!
Eh, some people I know rely on the integral and derivative features of the TI-89 for calculus. Then again, they don't really know calculus though.
I find it faster to do derivatives in my head.
I find it faster not to do them at all. Razz
...Because you don't know what they are Razz
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Definitely, same here, especially since the integrals created from such programs are often obfuscated in some way or another.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Back in my day, we used the TI-30... and liked it!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours