KermMartian wrote:
netham45 wrote:
Crying
What are you upset at, the cost of college or having to take SAT IIs?

He was probably upset because he couldn't think of any words to use while post-count padding.
Ah, especially since I've expressly forbidden single-emoticon posts as incredibly platant postcount spamming in the past. Ah well.
We need a thread to talk about colleges... Wink
We already have one...http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1164
We just need a split Wink

...Anyone know how many subject tests you can take in a day?
wow, SAT has changed a lot, good thing I don't have to take them (all schools here require ACT).
I posted it because elf is leaving.....
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

The max is two in a day. Everywhere that I applied to either the SAT or the ACT was acceptable, although they all much preferred the SAT.
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

The max is two in a day. Everywhere that I applied to either the SAT or the ACT was acceptable, although they all much preferred the SAT.
...You can take three. Confused I know because I know people who have. Maybe they've changed the rules since you took the SATs.
Chipmaster wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

...You can take three. Confused I know because I know people who have. Maybe they've changed the rules since you took the SATs.
You're absolutely right, it actually was three. Dunno why I thought it was two for a second there.
Good, because I'm taking the SAT I November 4th, and I've just realized that I need to take the SAT II tests (although it's too late for me to register for them for November, but I can make the December deadline and still get my scores in on time.)
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Good, because I'm taking the SAT I November 4<sup>th</sup>, and I've just realized that I need to take the SAT II tests (although it's too late for me to register for them for November, but I can make the Decemberdeadline and still get my scores in on time.)
Whew, that was lucky. Which subjects did you decide you're doing, or did you not decide yet?
I don't even know which ones I need to take Laughing

But from your suggestion I'm thinking Math II and Spanish.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I don't even know which ones I need to take 0x5

But from your suggestion I'm thinking Math II and Spanish.
Sounds like a plan. Double-check the colleges that you're applying to, though, in case any of them have special requirements.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
And MIT IS EXPENSIVE!!!!! $46,000 A YEAR?!?! WTF!!!!!!!

Yeah, but the average amount of finacial aid givin is in the upper $20,000 range (I think its near $27,000 if I remember right)

Quote:
Oh, and I heard about a requirement for 2 SAT II Subject Tests...I wonder which I should take...

One HAS to be a math, and the other HAS to be a science for MIT. No ifs ands or buts, so I took Math lvl 2 and Physics - neither were all that hard, for you the physics should be a breeze Razz
Ah, so MIT does indeed have special requirements. Ult Dev: have you considered taking 3 then? Because I know that some colleges require an "other".,
How long do these tests take? I don't want to spend my entire day at a test center Confused

Quote:
Yeah, but the average amount of finacial aid givin is in the upper $20,000 range (I think its near $27,000 if I remember right)

Is that $27,000 total or $27,000 a year?
It only took 9 posts for this to go offtopic! Laughing
What do you mean? We're still on topic (loosely...) Very Happy
well, this was on elfprince leaving and now we are talking about college, but since this has a 100% real life benifit, we shall let it go.
...Like anyone was going to stop this? Razz Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours