72%  [ 24 ]
No
 3%  [ 1 ]
They're bluffing
 24%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 33

Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Quote:
0x5, yeah our mentor is always stubborn....He'll come up with a general idea, no one likes it, but he'll push for it for like two weeks.....When we finally talk it out of him we hardly have anytime to actually brainstorm..... Sad

A direct quote from your F.I.R.S.T. topic, therefore, you are not a mentor.

In the biz we call that an "Oh, SNAP!" Thanks Pseudo, I thought he would have finally figured out that he was beaten... *sigh*, oh well, at least he's gone. So no, groene07, you didn't catch me posting info without backing it up.
[/flame_war][/necropost]
Ah, much better.
The Tari wrote:
[/flame_war][/necropost]
Ah, much better.

Hey, this is the Politics sub-forum. Flame wars are practically required! Very Happy
Oh Snap! Not so fast.

If you would have looked the info. up like I told you, you would have realized there can be more than one mentor on a team. In that comment I was talking about the lead mentor.

We actually have quite a few members...

Lead Mentor: Ken Lough
Build Mentor: Carl Gloe
Software Mentor: Ed DeRuiter
3d Mentor: Matt Groene (Hmmm...I wonder who that is)
Website Mentor: Don't know her name... (Dianna something)
Electronics Mentor: Currently looking for one
Travel Mentor: Siva A.

So from my stand point...Yes I did catch you posting without info. backing it up

OH FREAKING SNAP! you been had...

EDIT- Question: On your avatar for this site, does it make that reflection at the bottom? Because if it does...I'm going to try something...
Weellllll, on your website I took a look at the teams and....

BUILD TEAM:

Students
Clinton Young
David Lindner
Frank Morosky
Hunter Doubet
Jerica Christensen
Kevin Brown
Kyle Smart
Matt Groene
Michael Kirpes
Moncef Faik
Nick Gulick
Rishabh Nath

Mentors
Carl Gloe
Craig Brown
Dan Bentley
Dan Lough
Dana Mark Serovy
Greg Kuhlman
Jim Kaas
Joel Smart

-----------------------------

SOFTWARE TEAM

Students
Allan Rosendale
Clinton Young
Frank Morosky
Hunter Doubet
Jared Hays
Jeff Standal
Joel Rankin
Kevin Schons
Matt Groene
Michael Kirpes
Sam Ketchum
Travis Mallow

Mentors
Dave Lempia
Donald Rosendale
Ed De Ruiter

-------------------------------

CUSTOM FAB TEAM

Students
Ben Kramer
Chris McLaren
David Lindner
Hunter Doubet
Jerica Christensen
Kevin Brown
Matt Groene
Michael Kirpes

Mentors
Carl Gloe
Dan Lough
Jerry Christensen
Mike Blin
Steven Arey

-------------------------

DOCUMENTATION TEAM

Students
Frank Morosky
Kevin Brown
Matt Groene
Ryan Jenkins
Siva Aruachalam

Mentors
David Meyer
Diana Ryan
John Genskow
Sara M. Differding
Troy Werning

-----------------------

RULES AND STRATEGY TEAM

Students

Mentors
Dave Lempia
Ken Lough

-----------------------

So..... It looks like you aren't on ONE mentors list.... Hmm....
Hmmm...Although I may not be on the website (We have not updated it since the closing of this season) as a mentor. I still am. I was promoted by the lead mentor following the birth of the previous mentor's daughter (He didn't have enough time)

Sooooooo I actually am a mentor. Thank you though for looking up your information (Which Kllrnohj forgot to do) though.

If you still don't believe me you can email him...I'll get you his new email address because it has changed. (I don't know it right now, so i'll have to ask him Thursday, or get a hold of my friend and see if he knows)
I already emailed him, and how do you know 'nohj didn't look up information?
because of him quoting me saying I couldn't be the mentor, basing it off of the fact I was talking about our lead mentor...

edit: Did you use the contact us thingy...Because sadly that doesn't work. It never has for some reason.

I'll get you a direct email address for ya soon... Razz
Groene07 wrote:
because of him quoting me saying I couldn't be the mentor, basing it off of the fact I was talking about our lead mentor...

I never said you couldn't be a mentor, I said you were in high school. Are you going to deny that or not? If not, then shut the hell up.

Besides, in your profile you list your occupation as a student Rolling Eyes.

So no, I didn't forget to look up my information. But feel free to continue to look like an asshole....
Groene, to be honest, let me put it this way...

If you lie to us, and try to pretend you're someone you aren't, we'll find out. And don't think we'll let up on you for it... Just be honest with us, and things will go much smoother. So I'll leave that decision up to you... but keep in mind, you're dealing with adults here... I can personally say that yes, I am a legal adult... can you?

We won't judge you for being young... but we will judge you for trying to pull wool over our eyes, and thinking that you can get away with it..

If you want our respect, shut up and listen to us. I've been here longer than Kllr (not by much), and while I don't have as many posts, that doesn't mean I'm any less a member of this community. And if you want to fit in, I suggest you learn the ropes, and give us the respect we give those who are senior to us... We're not horrible people, we just despise immaturity, stupidity, and a general lack of wisdom... So in the future, keep this in mind.

oh. One last thing.

Quote:

Matt Groene
Team(s):
Software, Documentation, Build Team, Custom Fab

Grade:
Sophomore

Reason for joining robotics team:
I joined Robotics because I wanted to try something new.
Hehe, this reminds me of a quote from the "Welcome to the Internet" page I linked to. Specifically, this one:

Quote:
15) Never get comfortable and arrogant behind your supposed mask of anonymity. Don't be surprised when your name, address, and home phone number get thrown back in your smug face. Hell, some of us will snail-mail you a printed satellite photograph of your house to drive the point home. Realize that you are powerless if this happens ... it's all public information, and information is our stock and trade.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Hehe, this reminds me of a quote from the "Welcome to the Internet" page I linked to. Specifically, this one:

Quote:
15) Never get comfortable and arrogant behind your supposed mask of anonymity. Don't be surprised when your name, address, and home phone number get thrown back in your smug face. Hell, some of us will snail-mail you a printed satellite photograph of your house to drive the point home. Realize that you are powerless if this happens ... it's all public information, and information is our stock and trade.

Just a guess, no real time spent on this, but ah:

Quote:

Groene, Richard & Leeann

2020 Newcastle Rd

Marion, IA 52302-9401

(319) 377-4734

Anyone wanna call and ask if Matt's home?
I actually just pulled that up myself and was about to post it Very Happy

And now, the obligatory Google maps link...

link

EDIT: Oh, and look at that. Linn-Mar high school is a mere 1.5 miles away from that address... Very Happy
For those of you to lazy to check 'Nohj's link:

haha wow guys...Do you want a cookie?

I never said I wasn't in High-school. I never intended for you to believe I wasn't in high-school.

I'm sorry if i've been rather rude. I just was posting my opinions on the matter. [/Groene07's disrespect]
I wouldn't mind a cookie, no. Can you make mine a mocha? If not, I'll settle for a Carolina Dandy or something.

Now, can we put our differences aside? I mean, for God's sake, I don't enjoy putting personal information on a frequently spidered site (come on, there's 12 Yahoo bots online right now)
Hehe if you google my full name it takes you right to my schools website, due to my l33t quiz bowl skillz.
Hmm... I'll take a white chocolate Macadamia nut cookie, thanks!

@Alex: Actually, I rather enjoyed posting all that personal information... Evil or Very Mad (And your sax messages indicated you did, too Razz )
Kllr, Why can't we just play Good cop/ Bad cop as usual?

Bad cop / Bad cop is less useful...
Oh, right, sorry - my bad Wink.

Although personally I always liked the evil cop / semi-bad cop Very Happy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours