If you guys haven't heard yet, there was a major explosion at a chemical & petroleum plant in Apex last night, which is dangerously close to where I live. As in, my mailing address used to be Apex. They're evacuating everyone within a one mile radius of the explosion, and there are a lot of people in bad shape (think about what happens when you inhale bleach and ammonia). I'm not dead yet Razz, and my school is now a shelter, so I don't have school today (which kinda annoys me because they made the announcement as I was walking out the door; they should've told me that at 6:30 when I woke up ><) (I wonder if I have to make this up...) Oh, and my Dad's really pissed right now because he has to be at work in half an hour, but I don't think he'll make it with this traffic...
Wow Confused . You lead an exciting life. Hope things turn out alright...
Dude... What did we tell you about wildly swinging your 1337 martial arts around? Sheesh, kids will never listen...

Laughing

Sux for you dude, though only a one mile radius? That stuff travels, I would think you and your family would want out of there for a bit...
Well, my high school is now a shelter, and I live about 3-4 miles away from it, so I'm good for another few hours Very Happy

Quote:
Dude... What did we tell you about wildly swinging your 1337 martial arts around? Sheesh, kids will never listen...

Confused
I think he was blaming you, Ult Dev'r. roflcopters.

Anyway, yeah, this is pretty inconvenient for ya. Why do these things keep happening to you? Shock
Because someone's trying to kill me and they're not very good at it...<_<
KermMartian wrote:
I think he was blaming you, Ult Dev'r. roflcopters.

Anyway, yeah, this is pretty inconvenient for ya. Why do these things keep happening to you? Shock

Lol, yes, I was trying to say it was all your fault, while complimenting you on your skills. Smile
I was thinking that, then I though "wildly swinging" and the reference to "kid" was a little too ironic...

Anyways pics of the destroyed building:

Too bad you don't have pics of the explosions themselves... Did you locate those on the net?
How did they get those? Robotic camera? Looks like it was pretty bad...
No pics of the actual explosion, but this is what the sky looked like:

Hmm... Nifty. Very Happy

About what time did it happen? Do they have any clue yet what caused the explosion? (Probably gonna be heat related...)

Also, when it happened, did it shake the house?

I know, just full of questions... Razz
Laughing Actually, it happened at 10 p.m. while I was the South Park WoW episode (Very Happy), but I didn't find out about it until 6:30 this morning Shock

And no, I wasn't close enough to feel vibrations Razz Although we got like 20 phone calls from my mom's family asking if we were okay (my Dad took initiative and called my aunt who then told everyone on his side of the family Laughing)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061006/ap_on_re_us/plant_fire_evacuation

There you go. Razz
The fire is STILL burning Shock

More pics:

heh, reminds me of my friends tree fort after one of our experiments....thats why we built a bunker....
Today when my little bro went to the martial arts academy, the ENTIRE plaza that the academy was in was shut down because it's the staging area for this disaster...
interesting. From what I heard on the news this morning before I went to sleep (I pulled an all nighter), the fire is starting to get under control, which is good news.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours