I have this Logitech Wingman Force and I want to use it with the serial port so I can write a driver for it. Does anyone know a site that has Serial Joystick protocol specifications for me? I couldn't find it on google...
Wait, is the Wingman Force a USB joystick? You can't just rewire it to be serial, it doesn't work that way. As for the "Joystick protocol" - there's no such thing. Thats why there are drivers, as the interface method with the device can very from hardware to hardware, which is why drivers exist Laughing

BUT let me save you a whole heap of time and trouble. You lack the knowlege, skills, and tools to convert the joystick to serial and code a driver, so I wouldn't even bother trying.
How nice of you, Kllrnohj. Laughing
He's quite right... and besides, if you're so desperate to write your own driver, start off doing it for something like... a mouse. not a joystick...
Absolutely. Kinda like the Emerson routines and the TICI mouse routines... even that's tricky, in a language like ASM. Imagine what a pain it would be in C.
KermMartian wrote:
Absolutely. Kinda like the Emerson routines and the TICI mouse routines... even that's tricky, in a language like ASM. Imagine what a pain it would be in C.

And don't forget you have to follow the OS's format and guidelines, and provide all functions that it expects regardless of whether or not your particular device needs/uses it Very Happy
Haha, there's that too. Bottom line, Netham, is that it's in no way, shape, or form worth the time necessary.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours