Hi, when i turn on my calculator i get the following error:

System ERROR
REBOOT : [EXIT]
INITIALIZE : [EXE]
ADDRESS(R)
TARGET=AAC9014B
PC =8C15FFB8

does anyone know how to fix this?
I can still access the exam mode, but whenever i switch back to normal mode this error appears
i have tried a few different methods that have been posted such as f2+4+ac/on and then reset, none of which worked
I don't think I've ever seen that one. I've had a couple of bootup System ERRORs, mostly INTERRUPT type, and all of them vanished after a single back-button reset. This one doesn't look very informative because PC is in RAM and TARGET is out into random wilderness.

Have you tried updating the OS to reflash it?
Lephe wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen that one. I've had a couple of bootup System ERRORs, mostly INTERRUPT type, and all of them vanished after a single back-button reset. This one doesn't look very informative because PC is in RAM and TARGET is out into random wilderness.

Have you tried updating the OS to reflash it?

How would i go about doing that? i can't seem to find a way to update the OS
There used to be a key combination to enter a forced update mode. I tested it on my Graph 90+E, but it shows a different message ("Please SD Card Insert") and doesn't seem to accept USB connections. Hmm...

For reference, with the calculator OFF, press OPTN, x10^x and AC/ON. Then press the RESET button without releasing these keys (I use a pen that I hold between my knees for that), so that the calculator boots up with all 3 keys pressed. While the screen is booting up and still white, release all three keys, then press 9, release it, press ×, release it. There's a bit of a timing, but it's not too hard.

I'm kind of at a loss here. For a fuller reset, have you tried removing the batteries and letting it rest for a few hours?
Lephe wrote:
There used to be a key combination to enter a forced update mode. I tested it on my Graph 90+E, but it shows a different message ("Please SD Card Insert") and doesn't seem to accept USB connections. Hmm...

For reference, with the calculator OFF, press OPTN, x10^x and AC/ON. Then press the RESET button without releasing these keys (I use a pen that I hold between my knees for that), so that the calculator boots up with all 3 keys pressed. While the screen is booting up and still white, release all three keys, then press 9, release it, press ×, release it. There's a bit of a timing, but it's not too hard.

I'm kind of at a loss here. For a fuller reset, have you tried removing the batteries and letting it rest for a few hours?

I tried the key combination and i also got the Please SD Card Insert
i'll try removing the batteries for a few hours

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours