http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/17/twitt...ian-cyber-army/

It's pretty much made my night and filled it with quite a few laughs. Just another thing to joke about.

The Iranian Cyber Army apparently compromised Twitter's domain and changed the DNSs to their own. I got a kick out of some of the tweets about it, and so did a few others.

What are your thoughts on this? Funny? Devastating? Retarded?

I'm going with Funny and Retarded, personally Razz

Here's a couple random ones I either read or retweeted for some reason:
(I (have) had a couple drinks, so they might not be as funny once I sober up Laughing )
calinative wrote:
I wish the Iranian Cyber Army had learned better English so I could understand what they're mad about.

lukasneville wrote:
New jobs on Monster.com: Twitter hiring CSO; Iranian Cyber Army hiring proofreader.

whatsdafus wrote:
RT @Swivelgames Congrats "Iranian Cyber Army," you successfully prevented people from answering "Whats up?" for an hour. You sure showed us!

JP_F wrote:
How many Twitter addicts suffered from withdrawal during "Iranian Cyber Army" attack? How many will suffer post-traumatic syndrome?

HicdDoc wrote:
RT @Adora: RT @danwho: YO TWITTER, imma let you finish, but the Iranian Cyber Army had one of the best Fail Whales of all time!

chingaholic wrote:
When I first read "Iranian Cyber Army" I thought Iran unleashed an army of Iranian cyborgs upon the world. What actually happened is lame.
agreed, too funny Laughing
HicdDoc wrote:
RT @Adora: RT @danwho: YO TWITTER, imma let you finish, but the Iranian Cyber Army had one of the best Fail Whales of all time!

Best. Quote. Ever.

Honestly, I didn't even notice Twitter was down for any amount of time until JFabi82 IM'd me on WLM about it at 12 AM XD

I use TweetDeck for all my twittering needs (I can hear the new tweet "ping" from down the hall Very Happy) so I guess I figured that tweet-less period was just people having nothing to say. Although, in retrospect, I should have been suspicious of something when I stopped getting @TechSmith tweets every other minute XD
Haha, that's pretty funny. I got a text about it at 2:20am from a phone number I don't recognize (perhaps Swivelgames?). And I hate when people don't understand the difference between a server hack and a DNS hijack and think they need to change their passwords after something like this.
KermMartian wrote:
Haha, that's pretty funny. I got a text about it at 2:20am from a phone number I don't recognize (perhaps Swivelgames?).
Indeed it was, lol. (That is of course if it woke you up and/or annoyed you... then it was uh... Keith! Wink ) I apologize about that, lol, hope it didn't wake you >.<" Laughing

KermMartian wrote:
And I hate when people don't understand the difference between a server hack and a DNS hijack and think they need to change their passwords after something like this.
I agree with this 110%. It's absolutely retarded >.>

I was watching a live update on Google about it and almost everyone posted "ZOMFG I HAZ 2 CHANGE MEH PASSWORD!" ... I'm like, "Are you serious?" *facepalm*...
No, you didn't awake me, we were up studying. I'll have to add you to my contacts so I know who you are when you text me. Very Happy On the technical side, did anyone figure out how the DNS hijack took place?
KermMartian wrote:
No, you didn't awake me, we were up studying. I'll have to add you to my contacts so I know who you are when you text me. Very Happy On the technical side, did anyone figure out how the DNS hijack took place?
Negative. Still trying to figure that out. Though, Twitter doesn't have the greatest track record for being secure. Seeing as one of their admin accounts was "hacked" because the password was "password."

Twitter has apparently been "hacked" and hacked around 4 or 5 times now from what I've heard.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours