KermMartian wrote:
Not to mention that incredibly annoying TI invention, the Floating Point Stack. 10/10 for style, but minus several million for bad execution, eh?

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
We've got all the police in the sector looking for us, and we stop to pick up hitchhikers? 10 out of 10 for style, but minus several million for good thinking.

Methinks someone's channeling H2G2.
Umm, that was completely intentional. Did I mention I've read the entire series (all five books) more than a dozen times each?
that is a lot. I need to look at getting a copy of the trilogy in one large book. Would be great to have so I can re-read.
If by trilogy, you mean five books, then, yes, it is great to have. I got one at Barnes & Noble for around 20 bucks. My sister got one that's leather bound and all that- it looks like a bible.
KermMartian wrote:
Umm, that was completely intentional. Did I mention I've read the entire series (all five books) more than a dozen times each?

repeatedly mentioned actually,

I think nearly everone here has though
The Tari wrote:
If by trilogy, you mean five books, then, yes, it is great to have. I got one at Barnes & Noble for around 20 bucks. My sister got one that's leather bound and all that- it looks like a bible.

There are 6. "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" is the 6th and it continues back on Earth after all of the adventures. I have the consolidation of all of them as well. nice green with gold trim and gold-edged pages. Smile
I've never read any of them, but I have seen the movie.

[Topic Split from "asm help": My first split, I hope everything goes well]
kirb wrote:
The Tari wrote:

There are 6. "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" is the 6th and it continues back on Earth after all of the adventures. I have the consolidation of all of them as well. nice green with gold trim and gold-edged pages. Smile
Uhh, no, incorrect. There are only five, and they are, in order:
1. The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy
2. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
3. Life, the Universe, and Everything
4. So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
5. Mostly Harmless
I don't know if there are any books with all five but I know there are some with the first three. Good stuff.
there are also several short stories, and yes I have seen one with all 5
Seeing the so long and thanks for all the fish made me remember the song from the movie

*Harq begins humming the song under his breath
I've been proven wrong once again, as often seems to be the case. Sad Laughing Sad I have just borrowed a friend of mine's book that had the first three so I wasn't sure.

*Sage starts playing something else, Lawrence Arms, other than the song from that terrible movie.
There's always the Salmon of Doubt, but that doesn't really contain any H2G2 material. It's almost entirely Dirk Gently stuff.
KermMartian wrote:
There's always the Salmon of Doubt, but that doesn't really contain any H2G2 material. It's almost entirely Dirk Gently stuff.

does Dirk Gently appear in the same universe as H2G2?
Sage Orator wrote:

*Sage starts playing something else, Lawrence Arms, other than the song from that terrible movie.

Zomg!!! Shock
Confused What?
Sage Orator wrote:
Confused What?

Mouse over the smily Very Happy
ah, k, and I'm doing exactly what I said I would do.
Say, that was pretty decent. The flipping dolphins were the least well-done part of it, in my opinion.
They were flipping backwards to Surprised

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours