Hi, I just bought a new TI-84 Plus CE calculator, and I was using it yesterday. For seemingly no reason, it randomly blinked and the screen turned a tinted white color, but I could see the OS was still working behind it. Also, anything it tries to say gets overlapped by other horizontal lines.
I'm not sure what I should do, since I already reset it, deleted the OS, and reinstalled the OS, but it still doesn't display things properly. I'm very confused and any help would be appreciated.
Screenshot using TI Connect(looks fine because the OS is working I think?)

Images of what the same screen looks like in real life:

Also, sorry if I did anything wrong; this is my first post on Cemetech.
It looks like the LCD controller has failed as a result of a manufacturing defect, since there is no reason for the display to look like this in the OS (& especially, not after reinstalling it), & there is not even any plausible way for it to fail like that as a result of user action. That sort of smearing can result from badly-behaved ASM programs, but if it were a software problem, it would not persist across resets like that. & wiring problems can sometimes be fixed, but this also does not look like a wiring problem (which usually results in missing lines or garbage characters, not smearing).

But since it is brand new, hopefully you can exchange the calculator for a new one.
Oh, okay. I'm pretty sure I can return it since I bought it off Amazon. Thank you!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours