This (as the title says) is a Zelda like game for the TI-84+ CE. This project will be programmed in ICE. Expect this game to take a while to complete do to me having never making a game like this Sad .

here is a link for github https://github.com/IceWorks38/Zelda-for-Ti-84-ce
Sounds like a neat project, any more details to share (gameplay ideas, concept art, general plans, or anything else you might have)?
Have you made any simpler games with similar concepts before? One pitfall I've often seen is a developer attacking a very large project without having honed their techniques on a smaller project first, so if you haven't, I would recommend considering a smaller project first. For example, you could do something that would exercise your skills at tilemapping in ICE without the complex gameplay of Zelda.
epsilon5 wrote:
Sounds like a neat project, any more details to share (gameplay ideas, concept art, general plans, or anything else you might have)?

ZeldaCE will be a full colour version Links awakening DX. I am going to change some concepts of the game like: person interactions, The trading sequence, maps, mode menu...
KermMartian wrote:
Have you made any simpler games with similar concepts before? One pitfall I've often seen is a developer attacking a very large project without having honed their techniques on a smaller project first, so if you haven't, I would recommend considering a smaller project first. For example, you could do something that would exercise your skills at tilemapping in ICE without the complex gameplay of Zelda.

I have not made games this big with tilemap concepts before, but I do know how to figure out how to use them

I know that Zelda has complex game play so I am going to simplify the game play until the game is actually complete. Then I will expand on gameplay

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours