Yes, there's a new RK game out in Japan, and it's for the PS2! Very Happy I got a chance to play it today, but due to the fact that I have three tests tomorrow I could only play for a short while.

However, I have to say THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!! You get to play (at the beginning) as either Kenshin, Saito, or Sanosuke, and you play along the story arc in RK. The controls I haven't really mastered yet, but so far I have been able to do Ryu Tsui Sen, Gatotsu (2 & 3), and Battou-jutsu. The animation is preety impressive, especially comparing it to the PS games Shock The only con that I have about this game is the fact that I can't read shit Laughing (Oh, and there's this really funny part where Saito's laughing and it shows a really long string of hiragana characters that are all the same Very Happy)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-r-49-en-70-1g76.html
If I had any idea what that game was about or cared at all, I might be enthusiastic. Glad you found something fun to play. Wink
Yeah... Can you please re-explain in english this time?
I know there were some RK fans here...where did they go?
*looks around* Not here.
I used to watch it, but it hasn't been on Toonami since that got watered down and all. The next system I'm getting is the Wii, so I wouldn't be able to play it anyway (I only have the Xbox from that gen). Either way, Ninja Gaiden has the best fighting system I've ever seen in a game, so if it runs off of canned combos and such (rather than the more freeform style of NG), I wouldn't like it as much.
I used to be big into RK, especially the uncensored stuff, and still am sorta. I like that you can play as Saito, he was in some of my favorite episodes and is one of my favorite characters. It looks really good, sort of Budokai (if anyone remembers that) in nature.
Eh, I would say it's closer to the Naruto PS2 games in gameplay and format...
Okay I haven't played it so I suppose you're the better judge. I really didn't like the Naruto games though.
I watched up to the end of the shishio saga, but then toonami dropped the show didn't they?

I did see a majority of the remaining episodes, but they were in japanese, so I didn't understand much of what was going on.

Personally, I like the Jinchu story arc much better than what appeared to happen after the fall of shishio. I think the shimabara guy was a bit quirky, though the fact he knew hiten mitsurugi was pretty cool. Shimabara imho just has a bad history, and i've see a couple movies based around that time, and I don't like it much.

I wouldn't want to start a debate, but I personally think the manga and it's jinchu story is more in keeping with the whole of the RK story.

and now I know why your avatar is Hiko Seijuro XIII. edit: or at least I think it is, because it's a little hard to tell because it looks so blurry.

And according to the wiki, weren't there a bunch of other PS RK games that weren't too fun? I think one was based on rock paper scissors combat. Is this one a real action game now? that'd be so much cooler, too bad I dont' have a PS2 Sad

So i guess I'm an RK fan too?
More so than a lot of people.
...But not as much as me Very Happy

Quote:
I watched up to the end of the shishio saga, but then toonami dropped the show didn't they?

Yeah, but then they brought it back last year, only to drop it again shortly thereafter. And yeah, after the Shishio saga, the anime had caught up to the manga, so there were a couple of filler arcs, and TV Tokyo cancelled them after 30 ep. of fillers (Naruto's been going on for over a year of just filler eps., although they're going to start back onto the manga storyline next month; they're even making a Kakashi Gaiden special! Very Happy)

Quote:
I did see a majority of the remaining episodes, but they were in japanese, so I didn't understand much of what was going on.

You know, there are fansubs...(also you can get dual audio on a lot of popular anime via BT)

Quote:
and now I know why your avatar is Hiko Seijuro XIII. edit: or at least I think it is, because it's a little hard to tell because it looks so blurry.

I match his personality perfectly, so yes, that's why it's my avatar (and it's Hiko from the first OVA)

Quote:
And according to the wiki, weren't there a bunch of other PS RK games that weren't too fun? I think one was based on rock paper scissors combat. Is this one a real action game now? that'd be so much cooler, too bad I dont' have a PS2

There were 2 PS games (I have both); one was a fighting game, and the other was an RPG.
How do you get this game? I like the RK manga
Enishi wrote:
How do you get this game? I like the RK manga

Since when have you had a ps2? Laughing
I know people who have PS2's
Enishi wrote:
I know people who have PS2's

Oh yeah, but still...

Oh yeah, just to let you know, before you do something stupid, let me tell you 2 things -

1. Use good grammar (punctuate!).
2. Do not necro post (look at the post times!).
It's not considered necro posting if he posts less than two days after the previous post XD

And his grammar's not bad either...

Quote:
How do you get this game?

Check the link in my first post Wink
Punctuation really is key though. Capitalization, periods, and such. 'Tis excellent for making one look more educated. Smile
I'd probably consider necroposting like months.
XD The reason I warned him is because he is my friend IRL, so I was just giving him a few things to follow Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours