ah well, such is life. Guess we shall have to try when more come on it.
Got to target at 6am, store had 33, I was number 29 in line Smile Oh yeah, I got a Wii Razz Also got 3 games which snagged me a $20 gift card (RedSteel, Zelda, and Exite Truck)
Sweet deal. So what do you think of the console so far? Care to post a review?
In due time, perhaps. It is an amazing system, though. I'm having so much fun with it Wink (heh, my parents even logged 30+ minutes of gameplay in when I wasn't home Razz )
well, that is a good sign, they know how fun it can be (or is it bad, you might have less time to play with them on it).
Quote:
So what do you think of the console so far? Care to post a review?

I particularly would like to know how good Red Steel is.
It's not looking good

although I got budokai with mine, and gamerankings is worshipping twilight princess like it's an idol.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I particularly would like to know how good Red Steel is.

I think it better than the reviewers are giving it credit for. Just an OK story/voice work, but cool worlds (destructable and stuff), and crazy fun controls Very Happy (nothing like going in with your gun gansta-style Cool )

I still have yet to play Zelda - Wii Sports is just so much fun Very Happy
Well, tonight's Black Friday...maybe I can get a Wii this time.
hopefully. I wonder if Best Buy or Circuit City would have them available online.
Laughing I thought that too on PS3 launch date; they will not have it online, and they won't for quite some time due to supply shortages (you *might* be able to find a Wii from an online retailer sometime in December)
Well, my parents have just told me that they're not going to drive my little brother and I to buy a Wii (imagine my surprise; especially since I told them about this a day in advance and they had previously agreed Rolling Eyes </sarcasm>)

Time to find another way to get a Wii...
OMG ZELDA IS AMAZING!!! Holy crap, I just played it for 5 hrs+ today so far, still got another good 2 hours left in me Smile Heh, the hell with the relatives, I was too busy playing Zelda Very Happy
note to self, get money, buy Wii.

Question, will the Gamecube Wavebird controllers work with the Wii at all?
I agree with you on getting the Wii... I have seen a couple games that would be fun to play... Very Happy
Well, somehow my little brother convinced my Dad to take us to EBGames at 3a.m. Very Happy I was the FIRST IN LINE!!! Very Happy Very Happy It was soooooooo worth it...the Wii is awesome! I bought Zelda and Red Steel; played Wii Sports, and I'm waiting for my little brother to give me a turn with Red Steel (and wtf is with the $60 Wii remote/nunchuk combo?!)
rivereye wrote:
Question, will the Gamecube Wavebird controllers work with the Wii at all?

Kinda. Here's how it breaks down. To play Wii games, you MUST use the Wii Controller, and to play GameCube games, you MUST use a gamecube controller (there are 4 gamecube controller ports and 2 memory card slots on the side/top of the Wii, depending on the orientation of the console) - the two are mutually exclusive

So if the Wavebird controller you speak of plugs into the regular gamecube controller port, then you can use it for gamecube games, but not Wii ones

@Ult Dev'r - Them controllers are pretty advanced hardware, remember Wink (i've heard something like 6 gyroscopes in them for motion sensing) Also, not all games need the nunchuck (wii sports, exite truck, etc..) But yeah, it is a totally sweet system Very Happy I still need to get a second Wii controller, and I'm hoping to get a nunchuck + 2 classic controllers + 2 gamecube controllers for x-mas
The reason I ask is that the wavebird recievers were large, and shaped to the Gamecube. I have three of these controllers, and only one wired, so I don't need to have to buy new controllers (or have to keep the cube).
the 4 gamecube ports on the wii appear to be spaced the exact same as on the gamecube, and height doesn't matter as all you have to do is stand the Wii on its side and then the ports are on the top and can have all the space they need
So would you say I should get the Wii?

And for a decent setup how much would I probably spend?
something like this?
wii with wii sports -- 250
zelda ------------------50
call of duty/red steel-50
so about 350

do I need to buy the numchuck(sp? =P) separately?

EDIT: After a little searching I finally found it on wikipedia
Quote:
The launch Wii package includes the console, a stand to allow the console to be placed vertically, a circular clear stabilizer for the main stand,[12] one Wii Remote, one Nunchuk attachment, one Sensor Bar, a removable stand for the sensor bar, one external main power adapter, two AA batteries, AV cables (component video and other types of cables will be available separately), and (in all regions excluding Japan) a copy of Wii Sports.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours