So, I'm working on a standalone PS/2 keyboard driver for the 83PBE, partly because I want one and partly because I need a project to work on. So, I decided it would be a lot easier if I could use the link port interrupt. However, I haven't been able to figure out what sort of link port events trigger this interrupt. Anyone know?
You could use a hook, but trust me, I've tried, and it's too slow to catch. Just use a regular interrupt that polls the interrupt. I've been working on a similar project with Ben Ryves' Emerson routines.
KermMartian wrote:
Just use a regular interrupt that polls the interrupt.

I think you mean that polls the port. Wink
But I found that the link interrupt is triggered when either line is pulled low, so I can use the interrupt that's triggered to check the data line. (Yes, I'm disabling on and timer interrupts)
Oh, you were talking about the interrupt modes (0, 1, 2). Good job, that will work nicely.
On a slight side note, I was thinking of a silent link hook that could try to see if the connected device is a calc or computer. If not, cancel the silent link. This would eliminate freezes when plugging in speakers and such. Whaddaya think?
Not a bad idea, but the sheer frequency with which it would get triggered (ie CONSTANTLY) would probably ruin the point.
Er, the silent link hook only get triggered when the calc thinks there's a silent link going on. So, not constantly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours