seems wierd that its been 5 years already since WTC? where were you guys when it happened? I was on our schools start of the year field trip.

anyway, the SAX logs suggest we have had a moment of silence from about 8 this morning to around 1 this afternoon, Im hoping this is because you guys were actually doing something commemorative.....

SAX wrote:
12:56:55 KermMartian: where is everybody?
12:43:11 ***KermMartian has entered the room.
12:43:11 ***KermMartian has logged in.
10:48:17 ***elfprince13 has entered the room.
10:48:17 ***elfprince13 has logged in.
08:53:06 ***foamy3 has entered the room.
08:52:48 ***elfprince13 has entered the room.
08:52:48 ***elfprince13 has logged in.
08:00:37 ***KermMartian added a post in Contest #2: Strategy
...because it's your job to make sure we're patriotic?
yes, and if you aren't patriotic I will hunt you down and cover you with little fake flag tattoos Evil or Very Mad
But that's desecrating the flag when they wash off.
elfprince13 wrote:
anyway, the SAX logs suggest we have had a moment of silence from about 8 this morning to around 1 this afternoon, Im hoping this is because you guys were actually doing something commemorative.....

...or we were at school Rolling Eyes (which is where I was at when it happened)

@Jpez: Who said anything about being patriotic? Is that the first thing that comes to your mind when someone says to remember the death of thousands of people, is what COUNTRY it was in?
No, just the way he said it sounded very paternalistic, so I naturally had to be rebellious.
Generally, yes.
I was walking to the school building when it happened from the parking lot, with some friends. We made it halfway, when I more or less "felt" it happen than anything. Kinda like when you know something has gone terribly wrong, but you have to go somewhere to find confirmation, you know?

Anyways, I didn't find out about the towers til they had already both been hit, and a few minutes later, we watched both buildings fall on live tv...
'Twas a momentous and stunning day for us all.
Recalling that I was in 3rd grade at the time, all I knew was that something had happened in the news Very Happy
Other than that, I didn't find out what had happened till that night, or the next day???
And I thought that all of the stuff on the radio was really, really boring (what else would a 3rd grader think?), mainly because I didn't really listen to what they said, only that there were really, really long news breaks.

Now, I think that we should remember 9-11 with a moment of silence, but we shouldn't have to watch videos and memories from then (I remember a several hour thing I was forced to watch in 6th grade... It was ok for the first 15 minutes or so, but after about an hour, it got boring).

I definitely think it made a huge impact on our nation, and should be remembered for that.
http://www.revver.com/view.php?id=59686

^Never-before-released footage^
I'm always suspicious of those sites and videos. :/ Anyway, memories and resolution... *sigh*
Huh? It's legit...
jpez wrote:
Huh? It's legit...
Ah, I didn't wait for the page to load, so I couldn't tell one way or the other.
yeah, it is really slow to load. I didn't wait for the video to start.
Yeah, it got dugg to death :-\
jpez wrote:
Yeah, it got dugg to death :-\
Ahhh, that's what the problem was. It seemed unnecessarily slow, even given the shoddy wifi I was using.
Yeah, I forgot I had watched it on DuggMirror. Rolling Eyes
I remember that on that day that I was in the car repair shop and I saw it on the TV there...
I was starting my second day of high school.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours