The trick will getting these energy-efficient enough that the Quadro can be used in laptops...
elfprince13 wrote:
remember that macs use intel's now too, and I distinctly remember everyone being disappointed that they were switching back to 32bit processors....and the article said that these would be used in the intel core duo's

The Core Solo/Duo is 32 bit. The Core 2 Solo/Duo and soon Core 2 Quad are 64 bit procs.
elfprince13 wrote:
remember that macs use intel's now too, and I distinctly remember everyone being disappointed that they were switching back to 32bit processors....and the article said that these would be used in the intel core duo's

Again, read the link. Like riverye said, the core 1's are 32bit, but the P4 Prescotts are 64bit. Remember that the Core 1's are based of the Pentium M, not the Pentium 4 Wink

Oh, and just throwing this out there, but do remember that the FIRST 64bit desktop system was made by AMD Wink (thats right, OEM Opteron powered desktops beat the G5 to the market by about a month, w00t w00t)
But who had the first 64bit mobile processor? Wasn't that AMD too with the Turino?
I am not sure off of the top of my head. When you say mobile, one designed for laptop (like the Turion) or just one in a laptop (like the Athalon 64).
*Athlon. I mean one specifically designed for scalable speed, lower power consumption, and efficient mobile use.
KermMartian wrote:
*Athlon. I mean one specifically designed for scalable speed, lower power consumption, and efficient mobile use.

Then yes, that would be the Turino, although both the Athlon 64 and Pentium 4 beat the Turino to the laptop market...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours