would you help with a ticalc.org archive project?
yes
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

zOMGzz!!!11 sum l337 h4kcur jest poosteded ^ 4 ub3r shweeeet i sk4nn3r!!!

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/390/39061.html

BASIC Code wrote:
::
:ClrHome
:Output(3,3,"EYE SCANNER")
:Output(4,7,"2.2")
:Pause
:Output(3,1,"PLACE SCREEN IN")
:Output(4,2,"FRONT OF RIGHT")
:Output(5,7,"EYE")
:AxesOff
:CoordOff
:LabelOff
:ZStandard
:ZSquare
:ClrDraw
:PlotsOff
:FnOff
:10→θ
:Circle(0,0,5.1
:For(Z,1,61,1
:¦ Horizontal(θ
:¦ Horizontal(θ
:¦ θ-.3225806→θ
:End
:Output(4,3,"INCORRECT EYE "
:Output(4,1,"BACK-UP PASSWORD"
:Output(5,4,"PROTECTION"
:Output(6,4,"ACTIVATED"
:prgmOPO
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech

This program successfully outputs text, pauses, outputs more text, pauses again, changes the screen setting twice for no apparent reason, draws a circle, turns the screen black, ouputs more text, and calls a program that wasn't included in the zip. I realize that everyone is proud of their first programs, but come on. Why does ticalc.org even have archivers? If they accept things like this, they would be farther ahead to just have uploads go straight to the archives. ticalc.org is not my website and my opinion really doesn't matter, but something should be done to stop things like this...
This annoys me too. I've made a few program way better than this one and they got rejected. Maybe the archivers decided to take pity on this n00b. Maybe they needed something to upload. They haven't uploaded anything in a while. Pic2Code also annoys me. What will the user do when the number of pixels exceeds 999? This program stores the pixel information to two lists. Apparently, the n00b never heard of plotsprites:

Code:

(L) = List, all other parentheses are required

:For(I,2,(L)XXX(1),1)
 :Pxl-On((L)YYY(I), (L)XXX(I))
 :End

And people blame the slowness of their programs on BASIC. Laughing
Lets go through the Basic games sections on letter at a time and report all "inapropriate files" Wink
Heh, I had already started in on that when I was working on my archives, I really should see about getting more done on that...

But yeah, we could start up the "ticalc.org project" and help rid that site of all the crappy files they have... Smile
I spent all spring talking to Jon Katz about this but he never heard back from any of the othe staff, anyway, here was my proposal

Quote:
do a poll to see who would help in a project over the summer to clean out/screenshot the archives.

this could be implemented by:

1) Create a temporary file icon for UPDATED AND SCREENSHOTTED files.
2) Assign a temporary squad of 15 or so file archivers to process the queue of updated files.
3) Lots of volunteers to download, rate, screenshot and reupload the files with the original author information
4) create a sidebar showing 25 assorted, low rated files to be considered for deletion. after 15 votes, a file with a rating of under 4 should be deleted.

finally,

keep the archives clean. to do this:

1) require files to be screenshotted. maintain a list of active users willing to create screenshots for people who don't have a way to do it themself.
2) require a ticalc.org account to be able to download files. bug people every 2 weeks via email until they rate files that they have downloaded.
3) keep the sidebar showing 25 randomly assorted low rated files.

[edit]

Im gonna post this a poll on the major sites (omnimaga, uti, revsoft, maxcoderz, here)
i like that idea and if i get enough time i will help

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours