sfgp's new project:

Bledoux wrote:
I'm sure most of you have heard of the Legend of Zelda game series. Well, I want to take the game to the next level and bring it online. I have the server up and running so Elfprince13 will host the server so we can keep it online. We're starting work on the game now but I will give you updates from time to time. I'm thinking that the graphics might be either A Link To The Past or The Minish Cap. To keep the original Zelda graphics going. Here are some features that the game will have that I can think of at the top of my head:

- News at login screen
- Auto-login feature
- Several different classes
- Quests
- Items
- Equippable items and equipment
- PvP (Player vs Player) Arenas
- Active Staff and Developers
- Jail for rule breakers
- Guilds
- Skills and Spells that can be performed using MP (Magic Power)
- Stats that increase as you level up through experience points
- Day/Night System
- Weather System

That's all I can think of at the top of my head at the moment, I will add more when I think of more features.

Once I get all the basic stuff worked out so that the game actually has some point in playing it, I will then have 50 Beta Testers to help me find out bugs so they they can be fixed. I'm adding Beta players now so if you want to be a beta tester, PM me and I will add you to the list, only taking the first 50! However, remember that I am only accepting 50 people to help beta test to help out with bugs and be able to play a little bit before anyone else. Once Beta testing is out, I will have boards for Bugs, Suggestions and Feedback.

Hope you guys try it out once it's open to the public. Smile

~ Bledoux
elfprince13 wrote:
sfgp's new project:

Bledoux wrote:
I'm sure most of you have heard of the Legend of Zelda game series. Well, I want to take the game to the next level and bring it online. I have the server up and running so Elfprince13 will host the server so we can keep it online. We're starting work on the game now but I will give you updates from time to time. I'm thinking that the graphics might be either A Link To The Past or The Minish Cap. To keep the original Zelda graphics going. Here are some features that the game will have that I can think of at the top of my head:

- News at login screen
- Auto-login feature
- Several different classes
- Quests
- Items
- Equippable items and equipment
- PvP (Player vs Player) Arenas
- Active Staff and Developers
- Jail for rule breakers
- Guilds
- Skills and Spells that can be performed using MP (Magic Power)
- Stats that increase as you level up through experience points
- Day/Night System
- Weather System

That's all I can think of at the top of my head at the moment, I will add more when I think of more features.

Once I get all the basic stuff worked out so that the game actually has some point in playing it, I will then have 50 Beta Testers to help me find out bugs so they they can be fixed. I'm adding Beta players now so if you want to be a beta tester, PM me and I will add you to the list, only taking the first 50! However, remember that I am only accepting 50 people to help beta test to help out with bugs and be able to play a little bit before anyone else. Once Beta testing is out, I will have boards for Bugs, Suggestions and Feedback.

Hope you guys try it out once it's open to the public. Smile

~ Bledoux

Sounds AWESOME! Wink
...Why did you quote all that? ¯\(º_o)/¯

Anyways, I'm assuming that this is going to be a multiplayer online game; otherwise he could've just used a java emulator and have the original Legend of Zelda game run in it.
exactly, its a Zelda MMORPG based on the eclipse engine.
Where can I sign up as a beta-tester?
here: http://rancidmoose.unitedti.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=38
Count me in! LoZ is one of my favorite game series, and I would love to play a Zelda MMORPG. I'll be a beta tester.
excellent, I will add you to the list.
What is this, PHP+Javascript with reloading? Ajax? Java?
seems like it could be fun.
KermMartian wrote:
What is this, PHP+Javascript with reloading? Ajax? Java?

it uses the Total Eclipse MMORPG engine.
I scoured the 'net, and I could only find passing references to Total Eclipse, no official homepage. Got a link?
http://www.touchofdeathproductions.com/
I would also like to be a beta tester. Oooohhh, do we get to have our names in the credits (screen name, if you do)??? Yay....

Some guys at school wanted to start working on a online game kind of like runescape called Technoquest, but none of them even new how to program at all!!! Not even TI-Basic, so as you can tell, we got really far Very Happy
Oh, yeah, I would attach the AWESOME graphics of the "good armor" person that one guy did in paint, except I deleted it Sad
It was so hilarious, I can't imagine the game if we had actually done it... Laughing
Oh, so it is a standalone app, not a web app. I misunderstood.
b-flat wrote:
I would also like to be a beta tester. Oooohhh, do we get to have our names in the credits (screen name, if you do)??? Yay....

Some guys at school wanted to start working on a online game kind of like runescape called Technoquest, but none of them even new how to program at all!!! Not even TI-Basic, so as you can tell, we got really far Very Happy
Oh, yeah, I would attach the AWESOME graphics of the "good armor" person that one guy did in paint, except I deleted it Sad
It was so hilarious, I can't imagine the game if we had actually done it... 0x5

click...click...added to list, although Im gonna request you have an account on my site if you beta test since that is the project homepage Wink
Ok, I will sign up for your forum.

Same username, obviously.

I kind of forgot about it...

Looks like it will be cool Very Happy
Can we actually beta test yet?

i saw some stuff about the server, but where can I play it? Confused
Harq wrote:
Can we actually beta test yet?

i saw some stuff about the server, but where can I play it? Confused

allow me to direct you here
That is where I saw the stuff about the servers >.<

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours