We got a french localised Xp Home for really cheap (50 cents). (The guy didn't open it because he couldn't read french.)

It installed and everything but changing languages does nothing. (I think that's what localising does)

Is it possible to copy files over from a genuine english version to convert this one to english?
Bombu wrote:
We got a french localised Xp Home for really cheap (50 cents). (The guy didn't open it because he couldn't read french.)

It installed and everything but changing languages does nothing. (I think that's what localising does)

Is it possible to copy files over from a genuine english version to convert this one to english?
I'm not sure if that's possible; I think the French versino may be irreversibly French, even with localization.
Talk to xlibman (over at Omnimaga), he might be able to help you out there.
Do note that the european versions aren't (or won't be) the same as the american versions (stupid europeans complaigned that MS was violating monopoly laws and crap by including media player - wtf?)
yeah, but what can you do about it really, how about no IE in Windows then either over there (at least by default).
I was actually backing Microsoft on this one.... Look at ubuntu, it comes with a default program for almost everything, from videos, to web browsing, even an office suite - yet the EU isn't complaining about that. OS X comes with so many apps out-of-the-box that Apple has actually undermined 3rd party companies that made a competing program, yet the EU isn't complaining about that, either.

I used WMP quite alot when I first installed XP Pro, its pretty boring to just sit there installing updates and other programs with no music or vids to watch. Of course, imagine how hard it would be to get and install other programs without a webbrowser Razz
I know, but I was just going at how crazy it is. I think why EU targets M$ is because they are so large.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours