http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTE1MywxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

*droool*

I personally like that its running its own version of linux on its built in 400mhz CPU, lolz (and that you can actually get to it and run proggies on it)

And lets be honest, thats probably the coolest looking heatsink ever (pun intended Very Happy )....
OMFG! That would make BL soooo fast! *river gushing from mouth* Razz

w00t! I want it!
No, it wouldn't. If you have a shitty system, it won't make much of a difference.
jpez wrote:
No, it wouldn't. If you have a <font color=red>censored</font> system, it won't make much of a difference.

well, you can expect 5%-10% FPS gains and ~5-20ms ping reductions, but nothing overly dramatic.

Quote:
In real world comparable scenarios we saw pings drop 10ms to 20ms on a broadband connection playing World of Warcraft and Counter Strike Source. We also saw frame rates positively impacted anywhere between 3 to 10%.
Kllrnohj wrote:
jpez wrote:
No, it wouldn't. If you have a <font color=red>censored</font> system, it won't make much of a difference.

well, you can expect 5%-10% FPS gains and ~5-20ms ping reductions, but nothing overly dramatic.

Quote:
In real world comparable scenarios we saw pings drop 10ms to 20ms on a broadband connection playing World of Warcraft and Counter Strike Source. We also saw frame rates positively impacted anywhere between 3 to 10%.

Or you could add an imaginary 41 to your ping but still get the bonus Rolling Eyes
Ah, but I could run Linux(I didn't read it all, but I am guessing that if you telenet your own IP(not localhost) that it would telenet.) and all of this other shit....
In other words, if your system can't run BL fairly quickly as it is (BL not being particularly performance intensive), it's still going to run as slow as molasses if you have the Killer NIC.
jpez wrote:
In other words, if your system can't run BL fairly quickly as it is (BL not being particularly performance intensive), it's still going to run as slow as molasses if you have the Killer NIC.

Right..... My pc Sucks a.
netham45 wrote:
Ah, but I could run Linux(I didn't read it all, but I am guessing that if you telenet your own IP(not localhost) that it would telenet.) and all of this other <font color=red>censored</font>....

Well then maybe you should READ it all BEFORE commenting on it. I mean, sure its long, at a whoping 2 pages Rolling Eyes (and its not telnet, but thats kinda close - and it wouldn't be your own ip - which is localhost - but rather a connection to the card, which will probably go through the drivers)

And if your PC sucks, I suggest you spend that $279.99 on something more imporant Wink
I thought it was like 7. I need to pay more attentition.
Yes, please do pay attention. People expect you to read things when they post them. Posts are not there just to fill up space.
I get the feeling that you don't like me... Smile

Well, I know that this is probabally stupid, but(This time I read it all) what language(c,c++,BASIC) does the FNA use, or does it use it's own?
You're right, that is stupid Razz

It uses linux executables, of course - which can be compiled from ASM, C, C++, etc... - basically any language that can run on Linux Smile
I havn't dealt with linux(and when I did, I was like 7) in about 7 years.
Then obviously FNA is useless to you Rolling Eyes
netham45 wrote:

Well, I know that this is probabally stupid, but(This time I read it all) what language(c,c++,BASIC) does the FNA use, or does it use it's own?
It has nothing to do with you, just your behavior on the forum. In fact, I believe I PM'd you telling you to stick around because I thought you were intelligent and had some good posts. Unfortunately, you haven't been keeping up to those standards lately, and it's my job as a moderator to remind you if you get out of line. Smile
jpez wrote:
netham45 wrote:

It has nothing to do with you, just your behavior on the forum. In fact, I believe I PM'd you telling you to stick around because I thought you were intelligent and had some good posts. Unfortunately, you haven't been keeping up to those standards lately, and it's my job as a moderator to remind you if you get out of line. Smile

I'm more of a calc guy then a PC guy... I don't know as much about a pc as you guys seem to and I know a hell of a lot about the TI's(short of ASM(I want to learn, but I only get my pc for like 20 min intervals))
No, you said you weren't paying attention to people's posts.
jpez wrote:
No, you said you weren't paying attention to people's posts.

No, I said I wasn't paying attentition(sp!) to the document.
Quote:

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2006 10:00:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
jpez wrote:
netham45 wrote:

I'm more of a calc guy then a PC guy... I don't know as much about a pc as you guys seem to and I know a hell of a lot about the TI's(short of ASM(I want to learn, but I only get my pc for like 20 min intervals))

...Which is why I have been giving you a ton of tutorials for you to read; so you can catch up to us and actually know what we/you're saying; nobody hates you, but it's just that you're so n00bish, and even though we've tried to help you, you have yet to help yourself.

Quote:
I havn't dealt with linux(and when I did, I was like 7) in about 7 years.

...Then why do you have linux in your avatar and sig? hipocrite

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours