Yeah...it's time for us to waste 7 hours of our day sitting on our asses and listening to our teachers rant again Rolling Eyes
I still have 12 days! Smile...and 2 books to read.... Sad
Chipmaster wrote:
I still have 12 days! Smile...and 2 books to read.... Sad
I too have 12 days, no books to read, but I do have textbooks to get. :/
I have 12 days also to school, and three websites I want to finish.
less than a week, fortunately Im taking some classes at the college this year, and I also get to have a couple of the more intelligent high school teachers.
I just got my updated schedule this morning, and it didn't work out as planned, but at least I have everything I need to graduate...but now I have to do my summer assignment for one of my classes (whicih is fairly long) >_<
I have 6 days and 5 essays to write...
i start in september Sad i still have 2 books to read, but i got all my text books, and the one book i wanted to read was my intro to programming book, which i am sad to say is only provided by my school, the rest my district. *tear*

so am i the only one who feels they have learned more outside of school than in it? almost every day @ school i wish i was coding instead of sitting next to some asshole kids and listen to the teacher. (most of the time i just code lil things in my notebooks, in the past TS now i guess i'll be doing php lol)
I Started 2 days ago. The teachers seem nice, but the computer class is very BASIC!! Well, that is what you get for a freshman class.
I always program in class. If I'm not allowed to have my calc out, I mess around with some C++ in a notebook. I made a pretty cool blackjack game in my english notebook.
Thermoman wrote:
i start in september Sad i still have 2 books to read, but i got all my text books, and the one book i wanted to read was my intro to programming book, which i am sad to say is only provided by my school, the rest my district. *tear*

so am i the only one who feels they have learned more outside of school than in it? almost every day @ school i wish i was coding instead of sitting next to some <font color=red>censored</font> kids and listen to the teacher. (most of the time i just code lil things in my notebooks, in the past TS now i guess i'll be doing php 0x5)

I love learning but hate school. can't possibly be because I go to a public school in the middle of redneck central </sarcasm>
netham45 wrote:
I Started 2 days ago. The teachers seem nice, but the computer class is very BASIC!! Well, that is what you get for a freshman class.

QB or VB? My cs course last year was mainly QB, then we got into C++. We're either doing Java or VB(hopefully java) this year.
I was always tried to get into a programming class in my school, but every year, they decdieded not to offer it, so last year and this year, I took a networking class.
I start next Wednesday. I'm actually ready for it, as I get very bored during the summer and I'd like to see my friends on more than just a two to three times a month basis. I also have 2 college courses to take (Calc 2 and an intro C++ course (already looked through the book and it'll be easy, they only get to linked lists)) that eat up 4.5 hours of Tuesday and Thursday. That kicks out all morning classes at high school, so I sit for 4-5 hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I can also wait to go to school until 11:30 on those days if I need to Razz .
Quote:
so am i the only one who feels they have learned more outside of school than in it?

Laughing We ALL think that way Wink

Quote:
I was always tried to get into a programming class in my school, but every year, they decdieded not to offer it, so last year and this year, I took a networking class.

Just to get an easy A I presume? Razz

Quote:

Laughing I know that feeling; I had a teacher ask me to hack the 'lab' so that we could do a lab that day (she forgot the admin password)
I am already in school for the 4th day.

And unlucky for me, I did'nt wake up, so I missed the bus.

As much as I did'nt want my mother to get out of work to bring me, she had some stuff she had to do anyway. So I only missed 1st period.

But I only got 4 periods a day Very Happy !
Started yesterday, it's been okay except for geometry where we're learning the exact same stuff that we did in first grade.
Sage Orator wrote:
Started yesterday, it's been okay except for geometry where we're learning the exact same stuff that we did in first grade.

lol, haven't you learned yet that ALL math levels take you through that? Razz
I started yesterday, and I have no complaints. Very Happy My teachers are great, I have some interesting courses in which I learn alot (mainly German and Math - which I'm now taking calc AP)

Well, let me rephrase that, I have no complaints about school per se, but the homework SUCKS! School - homework == decent Cool
I started last Monday Rolling Eyes .

My science teacher is awesome (she has a LOT of stuff, she has 10's ok thousands of $'s worth of stuff in there! She wrote tons of grants to get it too.). Math is pretty good, CLUE english and American history are pretty good too. My only complaint is Spanish...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours